Weight loss and early sobriety!

I’ve lost 2 pounds! I’ve definitely been making an effort to do more and eat better. But tonight I ordered Dairy Queen LOL. Anyone else trying to get healthy and lose weight!?

7 Likes

I’m currently 3 months postpartum and struggling to not eat something microwavable for every meal :joy: I really would like to try to make time to meal prep so if I do keep microwaving, at least it’ll be healthy.

3 Likes

Welcome.
If y’all are interested there’s a Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up
Thread.
Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

Same. I’ve learned to just buy healthier things and to use the air fryer more lol. Lately I’ve just been all about morning star buffalo “chicken” Pattie’s and make salads with them. I was a vegetarian for 7 yrs before alcoholism and I’m thinking I might do that again as I made a lot better decisions at that time in my life. Postpartum can be so hard, give yourself grace!

2 Likes

Hey, that’s awesome! I’ve been vegan for 4 years! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Even still, I somehow find my way to the vegan junk food :joy: or just eat lots of pasta. But, thank you. I’m definitely working on being easier on myself

2 Likes

Amazing I tried to go vegan years ago but I kept passing out lol. It only lasted 4 months. I also probably did not research it well enough. I feel that there is junk food for anything lol. Congrats on the new baby as well!

2 Likes

Your first few weeks, you’ll drop some pounds a lot of water weight and depending on your preferred drink less empty calories entering your system

You’ll gain some back but it will be mostly healthy, cause now your body is taking in the nutrients and such that you deprived it of during your drinking time.

Most people in early recovery crave junk food, so that’s the big kicker, meal planning is probably the best way as long as you can keep yourself to it. There’s a vegan food thread here as well, some of the participants are long time vegans and can help steer you in the right direction also provide you with some great recipes

3 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts: Good luck!

1 Like