Weight loss with sobriety

Has anyone experienced weight-loss with sobriety and exercise? I know you start to feel more energized and clear headed.

I have just. Been too depressed to eat tho lol

1 Like

I’ve lost 3lbs in a month with no exercise. Just by eliminating those sugar filled alcholol drinks. Its great!

2 Likes

I am about 6kg lighter than I was a few months ago, but I changed my breakfast from butter on toast to a fruit smoothie as well as cutting alcohol. Haven’t done much exercise though.

1 Like

I also gained some weight, I couldn’t stop eating. Now I have balanced out eating better and exercising. :smile:

3 Likes

I lose weight. Not only from the calories from drinks, but water weight. Drinking dehydrates you so you retain water. Plus, after about 2 weeks I started sleeping better which led me to start training again. Excercising got easier and lasted longer. Then dieting was easy without the will power being destroyed by alcohol. I would say don’t worry for the first couple of weeks. Eat anything to stay off your addiction, once you feel better and more energized then you can look at losing weight. Trust me, there will be a day when you feel like getting out there and doing something physical

2 Likes

Yes, weight loss, better hydration for running and I also dont crave sugar now during the day.