Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Haven’t checked in for while. Still going strong and haven’t relapsed once so far. Super proud. Reach my first and second goal as well…lost 11kg so far. 10kg more to go. I’ll be very happy to weigh 85kg again!! Happy holidays everyone

3 Likes

The sadness in your eyes in the first pic is just so haunting. :disappointed: I’m so glad to be able to look at the latest pic and see that energy and self-love there. You’re doing amazing Dana! :heart_eyes::heart: And ofc: what a journey! Well done!

2 Likes

I think I gained a good 2 kg in the last month. Started the gym, but, I’ve been so occupied lately that I just couldn’t organize myself. And I’m already lousy when it comes to organizing. Not when I or - in the last five years- my son and I go traveling. There I’m super organized :laughing:
But I think I’m getting back on track.

1 Like

Morning weigh in at 170lb today.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for ur comment! I wasnt happy back then. My body hurt alot. Thank u for ur ongoing support and love :slight_smile: i really appreciate it. Sorry it took me so long to reply back

1 Like

So proud and very happy for you Dana. I’m glad you shared. I’m even more happy you’re comfortable sharing here with us. It shows the confidence you are gaining in yourself ODAAT.
Your a beautiful lady, Mother, person. Woman.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Awwwwe thank you!!! I was nervous. I havent shared that pic with anyone other than my husband and mom. But when i saw the change i felt soo good! I dont usually get too proud of myself for things lol but this i was proud of! Thanks for being apart of my journey Eric! Huge hugs!!!

3 Likes

You are amazing. :heart:

1 Like

You are such an inspiration!

1 Like

I think I need to join you all here. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been at 220 pounds. I’m 5’6”. Three years ago before I started drinking heavily I was 170 pounds and back then thought I needed to lose some weight. I’m only one week sober so giving myself a little leeway with my eating habits for now. Once I get past the withdrawal headaches I want to start exercising regularly. Right now my goal is to not gain any more weight over the holidays.

7 Likes

Thank you both!!! @Its_me_Stella @KarenKW I really appreciate that!

1 Like

Welcome to this thread! :raised_hands:

I’m on day 13 sober. Been hitting the gym hard and eating like I normally do and lost 3 pounds.

4 Likes

200.4 lbs
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

When I started my sober journey I found this app and the Noom app. The Noom app wasn’t free though. But worth it to me for 3/4 of the year. Keeping busy on this app and recording all my food intake calories on the Noom app kept me pretty busy instead of drinking. I lost 50 pounds. When I went out to dinner I was busy looking up food and how many calories everything had in it. And eventually recording it. I think it helped me a lot to get through those first few months.

Just learning the ins and outs of 2 apps kept me pretty busy. :grimacing: I hope you are well today and headache free. First morning in 3 days I haven’t had a headache.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

Yesterday at the gym I saw a guy I know, and he pointed at me, pointed at his biceps and gave me a thumbs up and impressed face, so I flexed my tiny arm muscle for him and he said “Yeah! I see you, Jenny!” It made me feel so cool and good and strong! Even today I’m still thinking about it and smiling. None of my friends or family like exercising so it’s usually a solo mission, and while they all think it’s cool that I do it, since it’s not a thing for them don’t always feel like I have that much support or encouragement. Like talking to someone who doesn’t knit about a sweater you’re making, they can think it’s cool and great that you’re doing it but there’s not much investment since they don’t have the frame of reference or interest that comes from being actively involved in it? Anyway, I’m cool and have a visible arm muscle! :muscle:

5 Likes

198.6lbs.
I. Like. It!
:hugs:

4 Likes

I have Covid so I can’t work out but I can eat healthy and drink lots of water. Haven’t gained any weight so that’s good

3 Likes

Back to 200.0 lbs.
:+1:

2 Likes

I have the flu so no workouts for me for the last week. But, i have lost 60lbs this year with diet and exercise!! Im so proud of myself.

5 Likes