Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

I need to join you all here. I’m 50-75 pounds overweight. I gained a lot of that weight over the past 4 years when I started drinking more heavily. I’m now 48 days sober. I’ve allowed myself to be lax with my eating but need to start being healthier again. Currently I don’t exercise at all so need to start with something easy like walking. I’m 48 years old so I know it’s going to be a challenge to lose the weight. I’m reminding myself to focus on baby steps. I could use some support, encouragement, and accountability.

7 Likes

Welcome to the thread @KarenKW

1 Like

What do you guys do in the normal/everyday weekday to keep on the weigthloss train?

I’m following an intermittent fasting regime so I don’t have any calories between 7pm and 11am. I stick to calorie free kombucha, tea and water in the evening and first thing. I have three meals a day and keep it lower carbohydrate and high protein. I eat as much fish as I can but as I have kids I often make something for all of us but I’ll put a smaller portion of the carbs on my plate. Plenty water and I don’t go out of my way to exercise but I do walk everywhere.
Despite being perimenopausal I’ve lost 28lb in the past 10 months.

6 Likes

Make a plan, man. Plan you meals (it will make your life easier, reduce waste and it can be more economical anyway), pack your lunch the night before if you don’t work from home. Plan your movement and block out the time for it if you need to on your calendar (like to workout over lunch and it makes me feel more like people can expect me to be gone and know when I’ll be back, I realize healthy boundaries regarding breaks at work is something I need to work on. Plus calendaring will provide a helpful reminder!), set a goal and build your plan around it with clear progress markers so you create a foundation of success for motivation. Take a look at the monthly fitness challenge posted on a thread here I should link in but I’m not because I don’t know how, those are fun and working through a goal with others provides accountability. I like the FitOn app, they have a user friendly interface, you can sort workouts by type, body uh part?, time, difficulty, etc and they frequently have a challenge or you can set a daily movement reminder that will send a push notification that links to a short workout. Making a plan takes extra time but it will set you up for success my friend

3 Likes

What do you guys eat instead of sweets? I like to have a small something after dinner/before bed like Oreos or mini ice cream sandwich, or a cake. What do I replace these things with and still feel like life is worth living?

2 Likes

I still have a slice of cake or an ice cream included in my diet each day.I just don’t go overboard with it.

3 Likes

Not having a real loose of weight. I need it because my apnea but I am still managing stress with food

2 Likes

I like to make rasberry sorbé . Only use frozen rasberry, a little bit of hot water and a little bit of powdered sugar(if you want it bit sweeter), mix it all togheter with a stand mixer. Put it in freezer for about 20-30 min, take a spoon abd mix one/two times while in freezer.

4 Likes

That sounds awesome!

1 Like

Down 1lb this week. Total loss equals 14lbs since 12/30. Baby steps will add up

7 Likes

Its really good, I make it almost every evening :yum:

2 Likes

Checking in on the weigthloss journey.

6/2: 86kg
10/2: 84.5kg
17/2: 83.3kg
24/2: 82.2kg
3/3: 82.2kg

Standing still this week. I have something going on with my foot, cant walk on it, so not been moving much or exercising. But Im standing on hold on the weigth, not gaining, so Im happy.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wonderful progress @Planipennia

1 Like

Saturday weigh in with home scale.
195.2 lbs
I liked that friendly scale at the hotel last week. But 195lbs is right where I belong.
:pray::heart:

4 Likes

Ooh, I am in need of this thread! Just back on app going on Day 4. Will weigh in tomorrow morning and… game on! Goal is for June travel to Copenhagen and London. And to not let chocolate become another addiction :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Im happy to report im down 2 lbs since last week and a total of 16.8lbs since 12/30/22. Im happy with this weeks results!

7 Likes

First weigh-in and I am setting a goal of 8.4 lbs down by June 5th. Right. Wrote it down. Off to hike :blush::sun_behind_small_cloud::footprints:

5 Likes

What app do you use here ?

1 Like