Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Down 7 lbs over 6 weeks. Bit of a stumble over the weekend being out of town, eating out, no exercise. Aiming for better choices and activity this week.

5 Likes

Hell to the Yeah! thatā€™s awesome - healthy way to lose weight (donā€™t want it to come off all at once (well we do :rofl:)) that would leave us with loose skin and other issues - you are doing great! Stay on your healthy lifestyle and the weight will have no choice but to fall off

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement @JazzyS! Iā€™m going on 60 yo, so loose skin is HERE! :grin: But toning IS possible :pray:

6 Likes

The count down ends this month. Maybe I loose the final 2 kg. We will see. At the moment Iā€™m down to 85.7 kg, from 107 kg at the beginning of the year.

5 Likes

Thats incredible :clap:

2 Likes

Only lost 1lb this weigh in, disappointed with that but hey ho thats still 6lbs lost in total in 4 weeks

3 Likes

So I think fasting is fine for some people. I was getting angry at myself because my pregnancy weight would go away. I did lose weight but I couldnā€™t keep it up and gained it back (I donā€™t weigh myself anymore) it was too much of a eating/emotional rollercoaster. Now I am trying to love myself as much as I love my children. The love I always wanted, a healthy love for myself and body. Itā€™s difficult like most things that are good for you.

3 Likes

Thats healthy progress! @Starlight14 they suggest 1-2lbs per week for sustainable weightloss

Keep it up!

2 Likes

Thanks @Cjp, it feels like more i think thats why i was disappointed but your absolutely right so i will definately keep it up, thank you for the encouragement :blush::heart:

2 Likes

Saturday weigh in. Bout the same.
Love maintaining.
192.4 lbs
:heart::hugs:

7 Likes

Sunday weighin time

Down 0.5lbs since last week. Not the progress i hoped for

So i crunched some more numbersā€¦

And im down 4.7lbs in the last month so keeping up with my avg 1lb per week in the bigger picture

Goal this week is to walk Boscoe more

7 Likes

Glad you didnt let this weeks weigh in get you down and instead saw the bigger picture. You are doung great!!! Have a wonderful Sunday :blush:

5 Likes

Another positive updateā€¦

I lost 6% of my body weight in a healthywage competition and may make $15

7 Likes

8.6 lbs off over 7 weeks
Going well! Prioritizing exercise, and my chocolate cravings have been satisfied by chocolate rice cakes! Yes, pretty much like cardboard, but they take a while to eat so usually I get distracted enough :rofl:
I have been weighing myself almost daily - I know I shouldnā€™t get hung up on that, but I thought it would make me accountable. Very discouraging when the numbers swing up/down 2-3 pounds a day!
Take care all!

6 Likes

Great progress! @FeelingBetter

1 Like

Hmm, 171lb this morning which is heading back in the upward direction. My period is a couple of weeks late (perimenopausal)
Iā€™m going to have a ā€œfastā€ day today. Breakfast was kefir with pomegranate and lunch will be miso soup and Iā€™ll make sure to drink plenty water today too.

3 Likes

168lb this morning. I didnā€™t fast yesterday as I made a blood donation and obviously I didnā€™t want to feel ill.

3 Likes

So checking back in. At 9 months alcohol free I scheduled a physical exam, blood work, etc. My blood work came back and I have high lipids at 140, it should be 100 or lower. Even though I told the doctor I was almost 300 days sober, his advice was to quit drinkingā€¦ :man_facepalming:

I asked the assistant if its from a fatty diet, she said yes. So with a little research its from dairy and red meat :yum: which is kind of my favoriteā€¦ sigh So my goal is to get down to normal range in 4 months. I cut out hamburger and ranch dressing :crazy_face: no more saldads loaded with ranch for lunch. I eat hamburger like 3 nights a week, so in place we are using turkey burger. I refuse to cut out steak night or drinking milk!!!

I start my day with a bowl of Fiber One (fiber is good to lower lipids) and raspberries, then my coffee. Then I fast (fastings supposed to be good too) for 9 hours. When I get home from work I eat fruit, like 4 pieces, apples oranges and bananas, and some pecans (more fiber). Then I have my normal dinner w/o burger or ranch. Iā€™m hoping this does the trick to get my lipids down.

So far Ive lost 5 more lbs down to 175. When I quit drinking I lost 20 lbs from 200 to 180 almost immediately and plateaued, so Iā€™m happy to see a few more lbs drop!!! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

For fun I got on the scale yesterday while on vacation.
90.4 kg
Iā€™m so happy I donā€™t know what that is. :crazy_face:
I got a week before my next weigh in. I canā€™t eat another thing here. Well until my cookies with my coffee in the morning :coffee: :cookie:

6 Likes

Heyā€¦ What are you doing weighing yourself on vaca? :joy:

I do hope you enjoyed those cookies :cookie:

2 Likes