Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Sadly i would like to report i over indulged today on a dish called pupusas its native to our country i feel bad guys but its ok its all about getting back up :facepunch:t3:

1 Like

So I havenā€™t read the whole thread cause itā€™s late here butā€¦ Iā€™m heading into week 2 and Iā€™m planning on slowing down on shit food and getting back into more serious trainingā€¦ and now that Iā€™ve told you, Iā€™ve got to check in by the beginning of next week with my plan of the weekā€¦
A part of me hopes no one will remember this post, and another one which to be ask for accountability lol.

6 Likes

Central America a country called El Salvador very tropical :grinning:

2 Likes

Checking in :white_check_mark: down 1.2 pounds this weekā€¦ not a huge amount, but I will take it! Slow and steady :turtle: I am eating enough to feel good and enjoying the meals i do haveā€¦ getting in 60ish mins of exercise tooā€¦ i do want to eat an entire pizza though :thinking::pizza::pizza::pizza::pizza:

4 Likes

Helloooo! Tomorrow I am starting a low carb diet my mom used to follow implemented by this program called Metabolic Research Center. She lost around 80 or so pounds doing it. They had a lot of supplements she took with the program, which I am not going to do, but I do take a multi vitamin, fish oil, probiotics and digestive enzymes. I donā€™t know if I am going to weigh in or not. It tends to make me feel discouraged so I might give it a few weeks before I do it. Iā€™ll be checking in tomorrow! Keep up the good work!

7 Likes

Love this flavor!!!

1 Like

Oh yeaa definitly !

I dont think weigh in is a good idea. The weigh on the scale doesnt reflect what happens to our bodies and it fluctuates a lot. Just by starting a low carb diet you will lose in 1-2 weeks a lot of weight, maybe 10 pounds or more. But this will be only water weight. There are 3 molecules of water that need to bind together with glucose to make glycogen. So if you stop eating carbs, with low glucose in your body, you will lose a ton of water weight. Or if you go eat a lot of sweets in a social situation, you will gain a few pounds immediately of water weight. Numbers on a scale are not important, losing body fat is. We can lose fat but still gain weight in muscles. Or lose water weight and not lose fat. Checking the weight all the time is very deceiving and doesnt represent whatā€™s happening to our bodies and health :hugs:

7 Likes

I think it depends on the person, like Kayla said, some people can feel discouraged. I personally think weigh ins are fine every few weeks or maybe once a week. Everyday weigh ins donā€™t give accurate numbers, but to each his own :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey there. What app do you use for tracking? thinking of using one again.

1 Like

yes indeed. I will check that. thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™m well up for weekly weigh inā€™s! I usually weigh in on Sunday so,again, this suits me brilliantly :grin::grinning: sounds like there are so seriously motivated folks on here, we got this guys, we can do it! If we can cut all of the poisonous drugs/booze/addictive behaviours, we can smash weight loss! :raised_hands:t2: @TruckinMonster sounds like youā€™re super determined and @Apes2020 youā€™re walking it girl!!! I have a friend that is a personal trainer and sheā€™s one bossy bitch! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl: at 7.45 on zoom 4 mornings a week for half an hour she has me flopping all over place! :hot_face: I lost 5 pound last week!! Iā€™m using the app My fitness pall by under armour. Itā€™s linked to my Fitbit and I log all my meals. It works out what Daily calorie intake I should be on and I logged accordingly. Like noom I can eat everything, nothingā€™s off limits just as long as the numbers are good. Iā€™ve also found that substituting spaghetti sometimes, with courgette spaghetti and a nice puttanesca sauce (plenty of chilli) is great! I can still have lashings (60g) of Parmesan :yum: I started my weigh in at 12st 01 Iā€™m now 11st 10 so here we go :raised_hands:t2::pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Found theseā€¦ hope you can read them, Iā€™m not very good with tec lolā€¦

1 Like

@Apes2020 I agree with you both! There is nothing wrong with doing what works best for yourself! Weā€™re all here with the same goal, we can support each other to get there!

4 Likes

Okay so Iā€™m ashamed to admit I am obese.
I am 17st 3lbs, I need to lose 7-8st to be in a healthy weight range for my height, so over 100lbs to lose. I have been diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and I have a 2hr assessment to initiate a treatment plan on Wednesday. However, I see it as more of an addiction, because I find myself bingeing on the same things repeatedly.
I.have been trying to follow a VLCD diet, which is a meal replacement diet, in order to lose 1st per month on average. I have been attempting this since April 2017. Today is day 1 again, and I really need to succeed this time because Iā€™ve recently found out that Iā€™ve got Gallstones and Fatty Liver Disease :flushed: Iā€™m also in a huge amount of pain every day and have no self-confidence.
The last time I weighed I was almost 18st so Iā€™ve lost 11lbs from trying to control my eating over the last month, Iā€™ve also been walking for an hour most days in comparison to no exercise at all to pain and fear of being out in public, but typically, I was at A&E last night and I have a Soft Tissue Injury so have been told I canā€™t walk for a few days to let it settle down. Thanks for starting the thread, Iā€™ve been wondering if there was anyone else with weight issues.

7 Likes

I watch my 600 pound life every once in a while and the doctor often tells them to lose like 30 pounds by a certain day. He tells them to replace a meal with a protein shake and so I decided to do thisā€¦and I also eat lots of veggies and fruits. I have lost 32 pounds since doing so. I also run 2-3 miles every other day in my neighborhood. I stop eating at 6pm and start with my shake around 9 or 10 am. I started doing this around the end of March.
Stay positive people and keep striving! Donā€™t give up. Blessings to all.

10 Likes

Iā€™m 6.1ft tall. 3 years ago I weighed just under 21 stones. Now I weigh 11.4 stone, Iā€™ve maintained this weight for the past 12 months.
If I can do it anyone can. Have faith and never give up.
You can do it :+1:

8 Likes

My work building has 3 flights of stairs. Goal to walk them 5 times a day. Iā€™ve done 3 already. Iā€™m about to head to my lunch break and Iā€™m going to take a short walk (20 minutes). When I get home Iā€™m taking the dogs for a walk and doing some weight work. Iā€™m really out of shape! It can only go up from here.

2 Likes

Me three! :muscle:

2 Likes

I have to completely agree with you. At my heaviest I was 160. I now weigh 135 but Iā€™ve dropped 30 pounds of fat and added on muscle. Itā€™s about how you feel and what your workouts entail. Most people donā€™t understand that by hitting a weight loss number your losing purely fat. I did this by having my eating window between 2 & 8 pm and fasting the rest of the time. Diets arent sustainable-eating healthy is a lifestyle choice. So many of my clients are on board with a plan for two weeks but then become bored. It needs to be done in a way in which you keep the weight off. To do it correctly you want to gain muscle mass and lose fat, not just get to a certain number on the scaleā€¦I hate that itā€™s ingrained in peopleā€™s mind that thatā€™s how it is!

4 Likes