Weirdest places to serve alcohol

I ended up at some furry 5k this past Sunday and was really confused why all the people were behind a big fence, not the dogs, the people :crazy_face:
As I got closer I realized that it was a beer garden! Oh my gosh, why do they need beer at a 5k that ended at 10am and why did those people behind the fence seem so lost. Not in a “I’m sober I’m better than you way” just in a reflecting from my past sort of way, complete compassion from having lived it myself…out on a beautiful Sunday with your furry friend and somehow find yourself behind a fence, both literally and figuratively.
I did not feel sorry for them, maybe their pups a bit, but I am thankful for these little snippets into my own past reality. :hugs:

What are some of the weirdest places you have seen alcohol served? What was your own oddest drinking experience?

I was kinda floored to see alcohol sold at Chuck E Cheese.

I went to a concert at a cathedral and they were selling booze, it just didn’t seem right. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I got wasted at Chuck e cheese

5 Likes

There is a bar in one of the climbing gyms here. When I was drinking I would have thought that was amazing. Now I just find it confusingly unsafe.

Most of the running races around here are sponsored by breweries, so they ALL give free beer to runners.

4 Likes

Ya, the cathedral may be the winner for the weirdest :confounded::smirk:
Is there not anyone who says hey, not a good idea??:thinking:

1 Like

One thing I never did when drinking…run marathons :rofl:

Little league fields, nothing says I’m here to support my kid like a drunk parent arguing with the umpires…

9 Likes

If you add up the distance I ran running from police while drunk it probably equaled a marathon. Does that count?

4 Likes

the rose bowl flea market in pasadena. opens at 5am, i usually get there around 8. so many people are already walking around with tall cans when i arrive! even when i was drinking i couldnt wrap my head around it.

1 Like

I think a champagne breakfast at 7 in the morning is really stupid! :hushed:
The served it in the hotel I slept in last week. Saw people eating there croissants with champagne. I think it’s weird.

1 Like

I was running the Boston marathon back in the day and mile 22 my drunk buddy burst onto the street and ran along with me for 800 yards with a beer in his hand. Very surreal. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At many races I’ve done, including London Marathon, there have been people serving beer and shots to runners who are still running. Even when I was drinking that was not appealing :joy::scream::no_mouth:

2 Likes

I was really disappointed when the arcade in one of my favorite old movie theaters got replaced with a bar. Like my childhood was stolen a bit.

Like, I’d like to have fun while I wait and maybe not blackout and forget the movie I just paid $20 to see, man.

1 Like

Alcohol content of SUSHI.

1 Like

Laundromat? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

1 Like