Welcome to the rest of my life, sober

My name is Windy and i am an alcoholic. I don’t know what to write. My journey with alcohol has not been a pleasant one. I have hurt, lied to and cheated the ones most dearest to me and am in desperate need for a change. I have hope…

14 Likes

It’s a demon most can’t understand or why we want to quit. I’ll pray for you.

4 Likes

Welcome and you have joined a wonderful sober community. There is always someone here to talk to. Getting sober and staying sober will depend on how much work you put in and how many coping skills you will develop. Read lots and participate and you will find much love, kindness and encouragement on this site. Happy to have you aboard.

6 Likes

Everything you did when drinking prob most people here have done stick around wish you well

4 Likes

Change is possible. Just start today. Everybody of us have regrets regarding the booze. But we are in a new life. Past is simply past. Do
not blame yourself, just look the good day free of alcohol that is in front of you. It is like leave jail.

7 Likes

You’re not alone. I’m a fellow alcoholic that has hurt, lied, and cheated the ones i love. Being able to admit that to them is a big step. Have you tried NA/AA? You will find other addicts there that have all lied, cheated, and hurt their loved ones. You will not feel like such a monster when you’re around these people you can relate to. Good luck on your journey, you got this! If no one has told you recently that they love you, then I LOVE YOU! Sending prayers and love.

3 Likes

Welcome Windy. Glad you are here. Look forward to hearing more from you. There’s a lot to check out,many threads,many people on TS. Look around. My favorite thread is Daily gratitude it’s become a must do daily. There’s fun stuff too music,movies and streaming and books. So be sure to keep coming back! All the best.

2 Likes