Well i didn't make it to day 4 again

I’ll try not to hate myself for it but I gave in , there’s no excuses for it. I ate a lot to keep my stomach full , I eat plant based by the way since June 25th and went from 312 pounds at 6foot1inch to 285 this morning. I haven’t been under 300 pounds in 10 years…but i didn’t feel the satisfaction neither do I as I keep losing weight because I know I could have lost double , but most importantly be healthier if I hadn’t drank 10 to 15 beers every second day. I ate a lot and healthy and took a nap…i woke up obsessing for it , it was a little past nine and the pressure of the stores not selling beer anymore soon made me freak out so I obsessed over it and gave in. I’m not here to waist anyone’s time not even my own. But its the first time ever I join a group like this and express myself. Ill do my best to make it past day 4. I have in detox and therapy but your in a different setting…if one person out there took the time to read thus thank you.

10 Likes

Just try again mate.

3 Likes

Re: the weight… have you talked to your doc?
Beers full of calories man. Try cut down on the grog.

2 Likes

I will im getting used to this thing here got on here last night

2 Likes

I’m on here every day :slight_smile: im with ya buddy if you’re with me. :wink:

1 Like

talk to my doctor for what

If you wanna shed…

Hi 🙋
Try again. It only has to click in ones. What helped me a lot is to check in sober every day. You can do that on the Checking in daily to mantain focus #17 tread
I will try to put in the link here later.

Update: not good at it. Hope somebody else will give you that link. But you can find it yourself as well.

2 Likes

I am losing weight I lost 27 pounds since may 25th cause I’m eating plant based , what I meant by bringing up my weight was if I hadn’t indulged every second day I would have lost more but more importantly would have more energy and smoke less and be healthier , im expressing myself rather than hating myself , thanks to everyone im still trying to get used to thing thing if someone could message me so ill have someone to ssy hey wake me up , and ill press reply would help like u said im trying to get used to this thing and u can’t do thus alone

please and thank you

1 Like

My compliments about loosing so much weight! I’m a vegetarian and try to eat plantbased but can’t get rid of the cheese :neutral_face:
You can leave the alcohol behind you! I share what has helped me so far:

Get rid of all the alcohol in my house
Tell my spouse about my sober decision
Avoid liquor store and the alcohol section in the supermarket
Fill my fridge with healthy foods and drinks
Buy sweets as well to use as replacement for when craving kick in
Getting myself a hobby to fill in the extra time
Avoid alcohol related events, friends, places the first 3 months of my recovery
Come here on this app every day to check in sober and reflect my day and talking to others.

Maybe yoy can find some vegan sweets ore buy extra fruit? If you quit alcohol you will develop a sweeth tooth for a while. But even if you eat some sweets it will contain less calories then the beers does!

1 Like

Don’t really have friends or a social life anymore…sweets aren’t a problem I don’t have a wife and the woman I fell for is very respectable but wants to be alone , thats not helping anywho I feel embarrassed to say all this shit in public

3 Likes

You can say whatever you wanna share here. It can be a relief to share it.
Maybe it’s time to focus on you now and get rid of your addiction first. Getting healhy, a healthy body but also a healthy brain. Addiction messes with the both of it.

1 Like

What are your hobbies martin?

1 Like

dont have any anymore

1 Like

You can do it this time! Keep taking it one day at a time.

Hi. Don’t beat yourself up too much for that… I’ve done that and more !
The important thing is to get up and start over. Next time, you’ll do better, mostly because you’ll remember being pissed off at yourself (as I often am) for failing to keep to it.
To paraphrase from a book by Allan Carr (not sure about the spelling), just remember that going without alcohol isn’t DEPRIVING yourself of anything, but rather FREEING yourself from the talons of an industry (and society) that has been lying to us for centuries.
And beware of (often well-meaning) friends and family members too…
You can do it, we all can.

1 Like