Well i got to 4 days this time

but I’m ok with it. I was completely responsible! I don’t know completely yet what my goals are. But I walked and had a great visit with my mother in law. I’m not ashamed of anything and I remember everything but I did mess up…4 days…was pretty good for me.:expressionless::pensive: not ashamed. I was responsible. But sorry if this is not what others want to hear here. I am trying. But kick me out if this is not the place.

5 Likes

Your post is so full of mixed emotions, claiming your not sorry but also: kick me out of here! Not ashamed! Sad smiley face!
It’s a little funny!
It’s ok to be torn about what’s going on with you. It seems like you’re really in the midst of it atm. Tough spot to be in. Acknowledge it.
Once the dust has settled, work on what you already know you need to do as a next step: clarify your goal. Do you want to stay sober or not? Write a list. Write your dreams out. Or what you’re sick of. Or just start writing randomly and see what comes up and go with it. Your mind already knows what the direction is you want to take, even if it’s not entirely conscious yet or the path very clear. That will happen.

Stay on this forum and dedicate some time to yourself, is my advise.

Peace!

11 Likes

Do you want to be sober? Are you willing to be completely honest with yourself and do whatever it takes to achieve sobriety?
If so, this is a good forum for you. If not, consider the fact that posts like this one can be triggering for some people in recovery. Relaspes are often part of process, but this is not the place to condone your drinking.

5 Likes

Hey! I feel your conflict. Hang in there :blush:

This place is FOR you. no one will ever shoo you away.

2 Likes

Thank you. Your words are true. Anyways FYI, there’s no smiley face but Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

I completely understand…i felt the same way as I was writing. Good for you!

2 Likes

Thank you for being open to my response. I’m glad you are looking hard at sobriety, and I hope it sticks!

2 Likes

If you want to get sober, 4 days is a good achievement. But I think you should carefully examine what your post may sound like to some of the other people here who are coping with life and death related alcoholism.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome!! I am one of the moderators here. :slightly_smiling_face:

No one is going to kick you out. We have all been there struggling, confused, trying to figure out how to string more days together. It isn’t easy, we know. 4 days is a good start and here you are back to continue working towards sobriety (I hope)!

It is okay to feel confused, I have certainly been there myself. I do hope you will stick around and read some threads and continue working toward sobriety. You came here for the same reasons we all did. You deserve a healthy sober life. :heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations on being here. That’s the first initial step to stopping. Is knowing you have the desire to quit. Believe me, being confused comes natural. Keep sticking to it, we all talk to one another on here. Some more than others. It’s a great place to open up and get the support you need.

6 Likes

By downloading this app you know deep down you don’t want to continue drinking. Even tho you say you may not completely know your goals yet, by downloading and using this app your goal deep down is to stop alcohol. 4 days is good, let’s put an extra 3 days and make it a full week. You completed half a week and that’s good. This time let’s turn half a week sober into a full week. I Completed a week and now back to day 0. Was worth it at the time but I’m now back to brain fog and low energy levels n puffy face, on day 7 I felt great. Head was clear. Energy levels was good n thts the reason for my relapse, I’m excited to see what day 14 will be like and hopefully I won’t relapse then. We can do this :+1::muscle:

4 Likes

Very nice. Yes your right. Thank you for the encouragement! And yes I dont know what to say. Just thank you and you will do this! You will not relapse. 2 weeks is fantastic. What did you do in the two weeks to help? Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Whoa! Here let me take that bat out of your hand before you start beating yourself up again! Find your sober path ma’dear. Be proud and thankful for every sober day gift you have given yourself :heart: :pray: This place has been a blessing in my short sobriety life and (what I have found) can be leaned upon for good juju’s​:heart: Keep at the sobriety and love life with clarity HUGS!

4 Likes

I love that you used life and death with me🙏

Hi. Sorry for the delay, cause I’m a new member im only restricted to reply a certain amount per day. I haven’t done my 14 days yet. I’m on day 2 now, fog head and low energy and insomnia and lack of appetite is still on going. By day 5 or day 6 energy levels will be back to normal, iv wrote a ongoing journal on the time I relapsed to before and the difference is incredible, honestly regret drinking, the feeling of no appetite, fog head, migraines, sweat outbreaks and high blood pressure symptoms, worse sleep, bloaty face, disorientated dizzyness feeling just isn’t worth it, can’t find one positive thing about alcohol, hope your still going strong so we can both do our 14 day challenge :muscle:. I’m going to share a quote from one member which inspired me. “we are both going for the same prize and that’s staying sober for today”

3 Likes

Well, I guess for me, it is life and death…you seem to genuinely want to have a good clean life and I am here for you, like many here. But definitely spend some more time figuring out your goals, because if you can do 4 days without goals, you can definitely get sober for far longer if you have targets to aim for.

Good luck, stay on the forum, and I wish you all the best in our battle against this terrible stuff.

3 Likes

How are you doing today @char1234? Not too bad I hope! :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Hey. Thanks so much. I am good…just on a nice evening walk with my pup. Thanks for checking in. Hope your well! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

How you feeling today. All good I hope

Hey good morning, yes I’m good. Just waking up. Well for the last time this morning. Lol. How are you? I read your post earlier this morning. Ya, this thing. I’m not sure how I lost my focus as well. Told myself it was ok cause its as much as I normally drink. But it’s another fresh morning and I’m going to keep busy with errands for my daughter. I get to work at 3 so that always helps. What are you going to do today?

1 Like