Well...I had to hit the reset button

Well I had to hit the reset button today although I didn’t get plastered like I normally would the clock still needs to restart. Coming up on 7 days sober I’m kind of disappointed in myself. Although I only had one beer I’m really tempted to go buy a six pack. It’s weird… I’m feeling angry that I won’t let myself drink more. Trying to stay strong here.

4 Likes

Well you held yourself accountable by resetting and posting here. And you’re jumping back into staying sober so, well done!

1 Like

Kudos on the accountability my friend.

Glad you’ve reset and are here! :+1: You are taking yourself and your addiction seriously, that a great start to built sober days on!!
Like you noticed: if you drink the voice in your head turned his volume on and starts to scream for more. The longer the sober string of days the less you hear that voice!
I’m 7 months sober now and my head is at peace. I have cravings some days, but they don’t last long and I know what to do to beat them.
It helps me to come here every day and check in sober, maybe it helps you too? It’s worth a try!

2 Likes

Maybe a meeting might help wish you well

1 Like