Well. I relapsed. 😬

Well, it happened. I relapsed. It sucks, it is disappointing. But I am alive, I have taken valuable lessons from the situation to help me this time around and I am at 48 hours clean now. :crossed_fingers:t3:

I think a lot of time when we relapse we beat ourselves up & it becomes tempting to just go down that bad path again. Could I have gone on a crack binge? Absolutely! But instead I chose to looks at things such as…

• What things led up to this?
  • Who and what can I avoid going forward to prevent this in the future?
  • & Of course take the big reminder that it genuinely is not worth it or the life that I want.

It wasn’t even fun - and although a relapse may seem like a step backwards, my change in mindset makes me feel like it was almost a step forward at least mentally.

Yes it’s bad. Will I do it again? If I can help it in any way absolutely not.

This is just a reminder that you can love yourself through a relapse. It is not the end of the world. It is a lesson to use for long-term recovery. We keep moving regardless & use our mistakes for our ultimate success. :white_heart:

11 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!! I needed to hear this today.

2 Likes

There mistakes if your learn from it…and it sounds like u did and now u you’ll recognize it next time! Keep up the grest work!

2 Likes

Girl you got this. Shit, we got this. :muscle:t4: People who don’t struggle with addiction will never understand the sheer strength it takes to get back up after we fall. Your desire to change and do what’s right makes you so entirely strong. Never forget that. :white_heart:

4 Likes

Absolutely. :100: I a firm believer that things don’t happen to me, they happen for me so that I can learn and grow. The past month and a half that I was clean taught me a lot. I am disappointed, I am ashamed. That comes with the territory of slipping off a bit. But I won’t let it get the best of me, and I will absolutely use it so I will hit that 60 days, 90 days, 365 days, etc. Drugs are not worth it. They aren’t fun. I deserve better. My family deserves better. :crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes

Thank you beautiful!! It’s crazy because I felt the same way this last time I relapsed almost like it wasnt a setback but a set up for better things to come. I definitely feel weirdly thankful for this last relapse because it is different. I am Changing and growing with every relapse. I saw what you have on your bio about wanting to help others going through this same shit dude I also want the same thing addictions are fucking bullshit. The weakness one feels after giving in, the crippling fear of will I die this way. The anxiety the depression. Fuck all that. I want to overcome this to help others get out of that FUNK. @Chikai

4 Likes

Welcome back @Chikai - back in the saddle :horse_racing: (you too @Gonzolady!)

3 Likes

Hello,
I relapsed twenty one days ago after more than three months of sobriety, but the path start again.

It is true, people do not know how hard is this. It is a disease not well understood. And more often there is not enough consideration.

What it is important is the new beginning. First: do lot desperate, second: love yourself, third: being yourself, do not consider bad words of the others, people who loves you will encourage you.

Try again and think in today. Just today, past is past, future who knows?

Best luck!

5 Likes

Thank you @Matt

1 Like

It’s a learning experience. Fortunately, you didn’t have to pay any serious consequences.

My last relapse which I like to call my final relapse was the best learning experience for me.

I wasn’t nearly as positive about it as you are. I chose to beat myself up for a little while.

It taught me everything I needed to learn and made me willing make necessary changes.

Which has been pretty much everything. In hindsight it was the best thing that happened for me.

2 Likes