Well it happened

I relapsed and had about a week of non stop drinking. When asked by others why?? Why cant you “just stop”. And i ask myself the same thing. Today is day 4 for me. The worst part of withdrawing is over. Alll i can say is, Thank God. Thank God i didn’t lose another job. Thank God i didn’t die. Thank God i didn’t lose my kids. Thank God im still here fighting, Thank God he gave me strength to get back up. Thank God for positive thoughts again. Thank God that i can eat again… thank God for his merciful grace. I don’t know where i would be without him. He is my strength my salvation. In him i find rest, peace. I praise him with all my being because i cant do it without him. I don’t want to. God help me.

15 Likes

That sucks that you relapsed. It does sound like you have a shit ton to be grateful for now that you’re sober. Without gratitude I got nothing.
Congrats on your 4 days. I’m glad your back.
:pray:t2::heart:
Gratitude is what makes the lungs of recovery fill, the heart beat, and the life flow.

4 Likes

You may want to check out Celebrate Recovery for Christian based sobriety support. One of my good buddies is in CR and loves it. Your attitude is right on. I’m so glad I never gave up. I was running out of Day 1’s.

6 Likes

Your comment is excellent. I must reset my clock again. Thank you for reminding me to be so grateful for every moment the Lords gives us . He is ever with me. I’m tired if relapsing . I’ve analyze this. I’m compliant and accepting of meetings. It’s my free will that causes my relapse . I have a “key to the city” when I relapse- its always a green light. I must try harder and REALLY resist urges and and give it all to God . I feel God has already delivered me from bondage. I believe I’m standing in my own way. Thank you for honesty.

4 Likes

“I didn’t lose the fight, I surrenderd”

Know it’s possible. Sometimes it takes time. Keep coming back no matter what.

I like this thread
Today is 1 month and 3 days sober for me after countless mess ups. Im sure sobriety saved my life even if it wasn’t all in 1 streak

Take care and God bless :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s great to see you build up some good sober time. I’ve seen you struggle.

I’m interested to know what’s changed in you to cause this success.

1 Like

God help all of us :pray:t2:

I’m glad you’re back. I’m sorry to hear about your relapse but I’m glad you’re back. You’re not giving up. That means something.

There are loads of great Bible verses about addiction recovery. Here’s one that stands out to me:

“I have the right to do anything,” you say - but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything” - but I will not be mastered by anything. (1 Corinthians 6:12)

That was written by the Apostle Paul to the Christians in Corinth. He had been there on a mission trip and had taught about Christ and His message. (Imagine that? Imagine a world where all those church buildings we see today were nowhere to be seen. Where no one was Christian because the only Christians were the ones in the Holy Land, and the teachings hadn’t yet travelled beyond there. Imagine being Paul and setting out into that Roman world to teach. It was not an easy thing to do.) He was writing them to encourage them and advise them, to dig deep and find the courage to stay the course and hold on to their Christian values.

The Roman world of the time was very much like the world we live in today: materialistic and pleasure-oriented; self-centred. In that type of environment, it was easy to lose track of the spiritual discipline that humans need, to be their best selves, to be growing, and not spinning your wheels, stuck in place.

That’s what he’s writing about here: don’t let the material world drag you down. Find strength in God and in each other; dig deep and take action one day at a time to live your best lives. Don’t neglect each other, and don’t neglect yourselves.

Do you have a Celebrate Recovery group you can join? I bet you’d like it.

https://www.celebraterecovery.com/

And if you’re looking for more biblical inspiration for addiction recovery, here’s some good passages:

Take care and don’t give up. You are never tested beyond what you’re capable of doing.

4 Likes

How are you @Gonzolady?