Well, I've finally got to 60 days...again

Hello again friends,

I’m still here lurking in the background from the high dependency rehab. I’ve been quietly confident and attending all the group sessions and I hit 60 days this week :partying_face:

In the last 23 years as an active alcoholic (since my 18th birthday) I’ve done 99, 150, 66, 50 and now a 60 day attempt. Dare I say it, I feel certain this is the one to end my addiction once and for all. Especially now I’m fully open to help from fellow recovering addicts instead of doing it alone like the previous failed attempts.

Moral of the story - No matter how many failures you have, never give up. Find out what works, learn from failures and adapt to survive.

Take care out there and don’t forget we’re all in this together.

21 Likes

Congratulations on 60 days, glad to hear your reaching out. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Ahhh this made my heart sing, well done to you :clap:

2 Likes

Proud of your bro!!! Keep it up!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Congrats on 60 days freedom from alcohol. I needed lots of support from multiple sources and still do in my recovery. No need to do this alone.

2 Likes

100% dat. Well done on your 60 days :+1:

2 Likes

Nice! Congrats on 60 days! :tada:

1 Like

60 days is a great milestone, no minor feat! Keep on keeping on, love your just gotta get back up again attitude :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the support everyone, it means a lot :smiling_face:
I really mean it.

1 Like

This is great to hear!! Love your tenacity!! Congratulations on your 60 days!!!

2 Likes

You know, the last time I restarted my clock I just KNEW it was going to be the one that stuck and it was. So if you feel like this is the one keep that feeling going.

Congrats on 60 days and I look forward to the next 60 celebration!!

YOU CAN DO IT.

4 Likes

How are you?

2 Likes

I’m good thank you. Hope you’re well.
Over 70 days now, wooo

The next big step for me is going an actual gym with real people. I’ve been building myself up to it for a week now, but I don’t think I’m quite ready. I’m starting to make pathetic excuses for why I can’t go. The rehab here have secured a big discount for their tenants and I’m stupid not to use it.

The training is not a problem, I’ve been training alone and luckily I’m in good shape from a 20 year career in oil & gas work. It’s the real people that bother me.

Need to face my demons and just do it. Right?

4 Likes

Take your time. I understand that the real people at the gym are scaring you, especially when you used to exercise alone. Closing your eyes and jump into the cold water aka just go to the gym without thinking too much is definitely an option! When you want to do it, I cheer on you :partying_face::+1:

2 Likes

I think dont put so much pressure on yourself…if you dont feel ready yet, then dont, do what feels right for you at the moment… the shoulds are only the presure you put on yourself instead do what you enjoy and what feels right, well done on your 70 days your doing amazing, what did you think of the Stutz documentary?

1 Like

Doing great! Good luck at the gym!

1 Like