Well maybe don't drink so much

Well my friends threw me a day late birthday party. Just a small get together with conversation and games. I brought some weird probiotic soda and lots of snacks.

One of my friends was getting married, and I jokingly said yeah I won’t be invited. He said well maybe don’t drink so much, semi seriously.

Oof. It’s hard coming to my hometown and facing the people with normal lives and relationships. They see I gained weight. I’m so ashamed I didn’t want to go, but it was my party after all…

It’s so easy alone in my own filth to not see the damage I’ve done to myself, but hard to face people that knew me in better times.

8 Likes

Be proud of what you achieved. The past is just that. What’s done is done. You got your shit together now right. Onward and upward Brad.

4 Likes

you remember how hard your life has been when you drank but when you are sober you feel the pain of your past I went to a wedding and I couldn’t drink I was waiting for this day but I got sober and it made me a better person you can’t change what happened but we can change what will happen one day at a time

2 Likes

Well Brad, another item in your toolbox. Ups the incentives to go the course.
Plus that’s first social down sober. Great work my friend :smile:

5 Likes

Sounds like you’re in need of a bit of inspiration @Nullcorp!
If you’ve got 90 minutes and are willing to give this a listen, I’ll be amazed if you don’t feel more positive.
For some reason the audio’s been cut for the applause after the introduction, apart from that it’s ok.

1 Like

Hi there.
I feel for you.
Oke so you have damaged yourself.
We all did.
Now its time to clean up.
Dont focus on the past.
Eat right, go for long walks
You will get there.
And dont be blinded by the ’ perfect’ lives of your friends .
Believe me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Start taking care of yourself
Not only not drinking but a healthy diet.
Join a gym.
The endorfines will heal you.
But it takes time.
You got this.
Make it a great sunday x

2 Likes

You say they knew you in better times… Sounds like they might not have viewed the old you that well? They still prefer you sober. Which is what you are now!

Re putting on weight, people are much less likely to care what you look like than how you behave (unless they’re shallow, in which case probably not the best people to be around!). You can get healthy, there’s time. Being sober will help :pray::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I have a bunch of photos from my last vacation before quitting. Key West FL. Fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt, face all bloated and puffy.

My reasons to quit are Legion. Looking healthy is the fruit of being healthy. Amazing how many benefits flow from being sober.

As far as friends suggesting moderation, they can’t understand, if they aren’t alcoholics themselves.

2 Likes

I didn’t make a show of it. They know when I drink I drink too much so I think they knew why I wasn’t drinking. Still, great night, really got to connect with everyone.

5 Likes

How are you now?
There are a lot of great recipes online for healthy food.
Also on a budget.
I also find the stepcounter on my phone very motivating.
You sound like a very nice guy.
Please take care of yourself.
You are worth it.
Love yourself first and then love will come.
X

2 Likes