Went out and shouldnt have

I’m sitting around a table watching everyone drink and have a great time… I was okay for a while and now I’m just bitter. I’m 55 days sober and have no want to drink… I always go out with everyone and stay sober. I’m just sick of watching everyone else drinking. I feel like I can’t go out without someone wanting to drink. :unamused:

Happy St. Paddys Day…

6 Likes

Get up and go home. Say you have an emergency and get out of the bad situation. You got this

6 Likes

Thank you ! I can’t go home right now cause I don’t have my car and I literally live in the middle of nowhere. I just gotta learn my lesson and not do this again lol. Better planning next time. Its the first time I haven’t had an escape plan and that’s likely why this time is harder.

1 Like

Try going out side and get some fresh air. Stay strong.

That’s a good idea, thank you ! :blush:

No problem if you need some to talk to just message me.

2 Likes

I appreciate that I will !

1 Like

Find sober friends. I cant even see how that would be the slightest bit enjoyable…

Lol I’m literally sitting at a bar, and looking at my sober app, I feel you…

2 Likes

I live in a rural area so literally everyone here has a substance abuse issue. I’m thinking about going to AA to see if I can find some sober people in the area…

5 Likes

Happy I’m not alone… We can do this. It sucks but it will get easier… I hope.

2 Likes

yea i can understand that… im sure that makes it more difficult… that def sounds like a good idea though. You can even try NA too. NA covers all drugs and alcohol and there is more likely going to be younger people there. I dont know how old you are but AA “tends” to have older people there.

Oh ok that’s good to know… I had no idea. I’ve never gone to any of the programs… But I’ll give it a shot for sure

1 Like

Yay! I walked out with my sobriety!!!

4 Likes

Congrats !!!

1 Like

Thank u for your support! I appreciate you!

Finding sober friends sounds like a good plan. Sitting around a bar with people drinking sounds like no fun at all. I hope you were able to get out and take a walk at least. You are doing great at 55 days!!

1 Like

Thank you ! I did go for a bit of a walk… Its not fun at all ! Lol … Lesson learned !

2 Likes

Learning lessons is good…if hard at the time. Be proud of yourself for learning and especially staying sober. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :blush::heart: I am for sure