Went to my first meeting. opiod addict alcoholic

I went to my first meeting ive been struggling with opiod addiction for about a year havent lost much well a lot of money and a good bit of my sanity and health. Ive had to come to terms with im not just stopping pills I have to stop drinking also that they go hand in hand. I have a baby about to be born and already have 3 kids and 3 step kids run a business several businesses and fighting addiction at the same time is overwhelming I know there is peace on the other side of the rainbow I habe been visiting this site several times since I recognized I definetly had a problem. praying for God’s mercy and to come to a complete stop 0 days sober last time i was completely sober is when I went out of town to work and it was amazing I pushed thru all the pain and before you know it was jumping up and down like a new man I hope to get there again

8 Likes

Very best of luck to you my friend.

You’ve got a lot going on and I understand it is overwhelming to add fighting an addiction in to the mix too but we all know that being an addict means all those other things just don’t matter. Imagine how much better your businesses could do with you being clean. The time you and your kids can get back.

One day at a time.

Congratulations on getting to a meeting. How was the experience?

2 Likes

I got a recovering addict friend of mine to be my sponsor and the support of listening to others stories and everything was a success now I just have to do my part and stay clean

1 Like

I’m glad I went put it that way

1 Like

That’s great, so will you be going to another?

@Walker12 if you’re able to listen in the car or whenever you have spare time there is a great podcast “you are not alone” by Matt J on Spotify. I’ve listened to in the mornings and have been able to take A LOT from the few I heard. Stay up :v:t5: I’m not able to find any meetings close by so it helps in the meantime.

I’m really gonna have to work on that one day at a time thing instead of im just gonna kick this and put it behind me

1 Like

Yes for sure had to miss this week’s meeting because my daughter was born on the meeting day

and she’s like a little angel

5 Likes

Congratulations! Adorable little girl.

what most definetly i should be doing this for she doesn’t need a drug addicted dad she didn’t ask to be born into this world but then again maybe she came here to be my guardian angel I believe in weird spiritual stuff even this addiction is all part of my journey or maybe I just did too many drugs and have weird thoughts but this is my heart right here I have 3 other kids 19 16 andb12 with different moms and took care of all of them was not an addict the whole time but didn’t work out with their moms met an amazing woman and was married 2 years ago and here is what we produced

1 Like

Ahhh that’s wonderful news congratulations!!! A beautiful little angel :innocent:

Finnaly 11 days completely free of opiods

baby is doing great growing every day and finnaly has a sober dad

1 Like