What a great night ! Day 4!

This is the second time in my life I’ve actually taken my sobriety seriously. Most other times I’d say, well we r gonna stop for a week so we can regroup and then go back at it. Everytime I took a break/tried to get sober I knew I was going to drink in a week and I was okay with that. For the most part. This time is so different. I can’t really explain why on here bc it’s pretty personal but this time is different. And I’m so glad it is. Of course I’ve been having some detox symptoms, like depression and anxiety but nothing compared to the depression and anxiety I would get the next day after drinking. But honestly for the most part, I feel good. I know it’s early. I know I have a lot of work to do but Ive honestly felt pretty hopeful and excited since the first day. There will be times I have cravings, there will be times I have depression or a “reason” to want to drink. I will deal with that then, but tonight I just want to celebrate the fact I made it another day alcohol free and had an amazing night with my man, and really connected with him. We r so much happier when I’m sober.

18 Likes

Congrats on day four, Renae!
Glad you’re seeing benefits already, way to go!!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :heart:

1 Like

congratulations! This is such a good read as I relate. I woke up just now to my Day 4 and for the first time since Saturday I feel something more than tiredness and irratatition :pray:
Here’s to more great nights and refreshed morning’s :partying_face:

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU TOO!!! :tada::partying_face::clap:I am so happy that you’re feeling better ! . I’m here if you need anything ! :heart:

2 Likes

Good for you Ren! That’s wonderful to hear. You’re making progress one day at a time. It feels nice doesn’t it? :innocent:

Sassy has a great list of her reasons she stays sober. She keeps it on her phone for those times when she wants to refresh her memory of why sobriety is her choice. I think we all need that from time to time :slightly_smiling_face:

Scroll down a bit & you’ll see it:

Good for you Ren. You’re making healthy choices each day and you’re feeling better because of it. You’ve got guts and you will make it :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Congratulations on day 4! Keep it up you’re on te right track.

2 Likes

Wow thank you. Thank you so much for that.

1 Like

Congrats! You got this!