What are some goals you want to accomplish? Long or short term

I hope to one day get my drum equipment back and lay down some grooves.

6 Likes

Short term: get through another weekend sober- get through October actually. Long term: get a different more practical degree and a real career. Minimum wage in retail kind of sucks and I’m too smart for that.

3 Likes

It’s funny you say that. I’m in a very similar situation with my job. This to shall pass I suppose…

1 Like

Everyday I’m sober is my short term goal.I’ve never gone this long without a drink. Long term. To get out of debt I put myself in with drinking and get my life back on track. Not only for myself but for my wonderful daughter. Every sober day gets me one day closer.

4 Likes

When i started my true sober journey almost 60days ago, i had just finished a course to change my career. It had been wonderful for me to create new habit and goals both short and long term. So GO FOR IT!!! You’ll be so happy you did.
Long term also the debt from a few years of boozing, aka spending cash on more than just the outrageous expense of booze itself… (live in canada and booze is def not cheap). But! The money is def starting to flow better.
Others: play more piano, spend more time with my nephews (so much fun) honestly… the coolest thing is looking long term and ACTUALLY knowing i am going to enjoy whatever comes my way. We are warriors people. Each and every day we are sober is an AMAZING gift to ourselves.

6 Likes

Honestly, I’d like to be able to look the women in my life in the eyes with respect, knowing that I’m not contributing to an industry that harms them, and by harming them harms the men around them as well.

9 Likes

I also plan to get my car back pretty soon here. I haven’t been in a rush to get it because a part of me doesn’t want the temptation to be able to seek out substances. Ive been 3 months without my ride.

short term goals are financial.
long term goals are breaking the chain of alcoholism in my family so that my children don’t have to feel controlled by addiction and can live their lives a little more free.

2 Likes

That is awesome to hear you think of your children’s future like that! That is a stellar goal!

1 Like

Short term: stay sober this weekend as I’m on day 5 and it’s been almost 8 years since I had a sober weekend (I was pregnant 8 yrs ago so that was 9 months of sobriety.)
Long term: start my own business (doing what, i don’t know yet) so I can work from home and be around for my kids more. Also get out of debt from my husband’s student loans which have been a weight tied around our ankles for the last 9 years.
But today, I am sober and so happy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Be the person my late son saw when he looked at me through the eyes of an 11 year old.
If I can do that, everything else will work out.

Best,
Chandler

7 Likes

My long term goal is to have one million dollars in my bank account.

Short term goal is to buy something online then sell it for more than i bought it for. Then if i rinse and repeat i should have a million dollar in no time.

1 Like

Or maybe someone will give me a million dollars? That would be easier. Any multi millionaaires here want to help me out?

2 Likes

I swear. If you give me a million dollars, i will send you a yearly update of how im doing and send you a recent photo of me and my family. Lets do this.

3 Likes

@Quitter,I swear you are a financial wizard. If anyone can do this, you will.

1 Like

Fall in love
Start a business
… I wouldn’t mind a nice car as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Not too much to ask is it ? Haha

2 Likes

Short term: Stay sober. Get an assignment due completed and handed in early. Do some yoga.

Long term: Treat myself with the same care, love and compassion I show others. Get the permanent job that will come if the assignment passes. Have the yoga be a permanent fixture.

2 Likes

Congrats on day 5! Day 6 is even better!

I’m sure the love and compassion will come your way. And yoga’s pretty cool too!

1 Like

Thank you! I read your reply at the perfect moment as I’m sitting here Friday evening craving a drink, but I’ve made a good non-alcoholic drink and distracted myself and the craving is going away. Your words helped so I appreciate that!

2 Likes