What are the symptoms of weed?

So I’m curious, for a good reason. I don’t smoke /take it, but my husband does. To me he seems off in his mood when he’s smoking it, he can seem negative in his language when he talks to people and on occasions be down right horrible. Obviously he thinks he doesn’t have any kind of problem. I suppose I’m asking what people have experienced themselves just so that I understand if what I’m seeing with my husband is the norm and just suggestions as to how I can make him see that it’s not helpful to my alcohol recovery because its crippling my mood, that may well sound very selfish but I’m on a real low over this lately.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated

2 Likes

The husband doesn’t get the giggles or munchies which is odd, he’s the opposite he doesn’t eat if he smokes it and he is always bored while on it

1 Like

While not physically addictive, it certainly is mentally addictive. It’s a mood and mind altering substance.

I’d be in a mood all day til I got my puff. Hell I’d get high on the idea I was about to smoke. I’d be a mean cynic when out, but when I was about to go pick up my mood would already start to get better because I knew it was going to happen.

Just like booze, it will make life shit matter less. Easier to live with the “fuck it’s”

2 Likes

It does change your mood. That’s the last thing I did was smoke weed. I thought because I wasn’t drinking or doing anything else It was ok to smoke. Some people say it calms you down and it does but for me I would get really paranoid at times. I would think of things that I wouldn’t normally think of if I’m sober. It’s a psychoactive drug. I noticed that when I smoked I would get into more arguments with people. I don’t know I guess everyone reacts different. I would eat edibles too and edibles are stronger than just smoking it.

1 Like

From my own experience i am realizing so far that on my sobriety journey, marijuana interferes with emotions. For me personally marijuana does not let me make wise decisions, marijuana makes problems worse than they really are. For example like having a jealousy problem, while smoking weed, u can’t figure out or resolve the problem, so weed does not help much with anything. Exept if u have a real Serious medical conditions that’s really the only time marijuana should be consumed. So in conclusion for me, weed can interfere with my relationship to my SO.

1 Like

He has had jealousy problems towards me, I’m glad it’s not all in my head like my husband keeps telling me, he was such a good man when we met and got married, his weed habit started before my drinking, I’m not blaming him for my drinking as I chose to pick up the drink, I suppose that now I’m on my sober journey, I’d like us both to be sober and clean.

1 Like

The husband says that he smokes it to get him through the day, I always thought it would numb emotions but didn’t know for sure

I struggled with pot. Even stoned I was an asshole. I now know that I was living with untreated alcoholism. Being an asshole was my normal state of being. Drugs or no drugs.

2 Likes

I don’t smoke either but those I know that do are very chill. I think it depends on whether the person has an addictive personality or not just like some people can drink and some can’t. Sounds like he shouldn’t and you are not being selfish at all!

1 Like

I’m sure your not that much of an a-hole after all your in a relationship now, my husband doesn’t drink alcohol but still has a bad attitude with weed, and openly admits he hates people :astonished:

I don’t think he has an addictive personality but I could be wrong, the further along sobriety I get the more I want that healthier lifestyle and if this is impacting me then it’s not healthy, I can’t help but feel selfish and guilty for wanting this when he was there through my drunken times and supported me in the beginning of my journey, I’m at a loss right now trying to figure it out in my head

For me, I get the giggles, paranoid (i.e. everyone knows I’m high!), I often feel disconnected from my body and sometimes have a hard time distinguishing reality from not necessarily hallucination, but non-reality. I rarely used pot.

The longer you use, the more benign the high, a lot like alcohol.

2 Likes

I’m just less of one lol. But that’s not saying much bc I was a pretty big asshole before

1 Like

:joy: :joy: At least you are embracing your flaws, own it. Although I feel this is a character defect you have spoken about before and trying to change? for me my mouth is quicker than my brain, I’m not decided if it’s a good trait to have or not yet :joy:

My sponsor talks about turning my character defects into strengths. Stubbornness can become determination. A quick tounge can be wit or intelligence. My assholeness can be turned into less assholeness lol. I have a lot of character defects, but I have a lifetime to work on them so long as I remain sober and involved in the program.

2 Likes

I’ll take intelligence and wit, I like that :joy:, I keep telling my dad I get my traits from him :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont get the giggles but my mind gets quite creative… Depends on strains of weed. Indica strains give ya a head high and “duhhh” feeling. Sativa isnt quite like that. You can function normal but may get alil goofy n silly. Weed affects people differently. So its hard to tell

1 Like

I think I’m the only human being it doesn’t affect… have never been able to get high off of it. Not sure if it’s bc of my tolerance from alcohol or if that even has anything to do with it (?) or if I’m just tightly wound :joy: Alcohol was my thing and only ever experimented with the green stuff a couple of times.

1 Like

… and yes I inhaled.

1 Like

I was just gping to ask you that :joy: