What are you doing to stay sober today?

I brought a case of seltzer and a sober friend to my boozy family Christmas party. And now I’m going to a meeting.

What are you doing to stay sober today?

16 Likes

I spoke with my sponsor and read the tenth step promises. I also delivered Christmas gifts to some of my clients.

12 Likes

I told several people that I quit drinking and I explained why. Other than my wife I hadn’t told anyone before. I’m not sure why this matters but it feels like it does. Hopefully it helps me stay accountable to myself.

Also going to focus on breathing. About to leave for the inlaws. Freaking out a little…

13 Likes

Staying at home drinking Ginger beer.
Staying at home tomorrow. Can’t be bothered with the stress and strain of family get togethers.
Don’t know why we do it especially when we are trying to deal with sobriety.
Happy Christmas Ariel!

13 Likes

went to a yoga class, guided meditation and headed to mass this evening. eyeballs deep in work which is an actual blessing bc i’m happy to get things done in between from my couch while my team enjoys their day off. :heart:

10 Likes

Wrangling through some tough emotions (related to my recovery) with my wife instead of going to the family Christmas dinner & burying them. Burying would have led to conflict & acting out; wrangling with them now helps us process them and reconnect, to move forward.

12 Likes

Watching Christmas movies (Bad Santa is on now) and enjoying a fire in the fireplace with the husband. Did some yoga earlier. Chatted with the various neighbors who brought sweets over. Waiting for our grandson to call so we can read him The Night Before Christmas. :heart:

8 Likes

We’re watching bad santa too on mtv. It’s so funny. :rofl:

5 Likes

I just came back from a group meeting, shared my feelings with the group, then I had dinner with my dad and watching some Netflix.

7 Likes

Just got back from a meeting and the topic of discussion was gratitude. There was only 9 people there but it was very insightful. Also they gave me a bunch of oatmeal cookies to take home. Merry Christmas all!

6 Likes

Learned some new songs on guitar, playing cards with my family doing my best today… merry Christmas to all, be safe - be well :heart:

5 Likes

Today, I went to my first alcathon with a newcomer who’s 3 days sober, and scared to death of all of the unknowns of his recent DUI. It’s a blessing to be able to help another alcoholic feel welcomed, especially when I remember how out of place I first felt when entering the rooms.

When I help another alcoholic, it takes me out of my selfish thinking and allows for me to find purpose in my day. I felt so lonely when I woke up this morning, but through service and prayer, I grow to feel connected with my higher power and others in this program. Today, I am grateful to be sober and for the opportunity to spend my first sober Christmss with my family and nephews.

Merry Christmas everyone and stay strong!

12 Likes

Mmmm my favorite cookies. I always love a small meeting, sometimes they can be the best!

3 Likes

Staying in bed, watching WWII in Colour for the third time.

Very strong fresh ginger tea now, later on quesadillas with mean (I mean, really mean) jalapenos I grow. I crave strong tastes since not drinking. Another addiction in my opinion.

Isolation and music always helps. Listening to my old playlists, discovering new ones if I am lucky.

I want to write a million posts but lacking motivation; my biggest problem in the last three years.

Happy festivities!

5 Likes

Same here buddy. Last night we were at my GF’s family thing, which is nice, but it’s enough for me.
Popping over to my Moms early this morning to exchange gifts (it’ll just be me, her, and her husband) for an hour or two, but then I’m home on my own all day and I am looking forward to it. Did the same thing last year.

5 Likes

Have a great day Buddy.:metal:

2 Likes

Just being what I am: A non-drinker.

AI won’t drink, because I don’t drink.

Merry Christmas!

8 Likes

I have squeezed fresh lemon into sparkling mineral water, as I too crave strong tastes since giving up alcohol 5 days ago.

Battling to control some anxiety, but using meditation and a little chocolate to keep it at bay :blush:

5 Likes

Nothing special as I dont really do Xmas. I worked today. Self employed. It was a good day to get somethings done when my staff wasn’t there.
Made some BBQ.
Going to watch some Netflix.
Give my kids showers… read a book.
Read here a lot. LOL

6 Likes

Yeah it felt so much more personal and therapeutic to share with a small group of people. I’m in NYC so the meetings are usually quite large, with not much time to share.

I’m so grateful for last night’s meeting as it felt like a family gathering. Best Christmas gift I could’ve asked for. Merry Christmas!

2 Likes