What are you doing to stay sober today?

I’m now working :sweat:

But today ive kept busy and made sure everyone has got a drink. It’s the first time I’ve poured out a beer for 6 months (for somebody else) it didn’t bother me because the mental obsession and need has been removed through AA and practicing the steps

7 Likes

Sitting in treatment.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Eating loads, drinking loads of water. And gave all the alcohol away to the guests when they leave.
My guests are just left. We did a big lunch and shared our gifts. So now we have the house for ourselves again and drinking herb tea :grin:
(Ps, it’s 18.00 now).

5 Likes

I’m staying very humble and very happy,to know I’m with the people I love and care for.xx

4 Likes

Tbh I’ve never seen the point in alcohol free beer,but if that’s what’s getting you through today then I wish you all the best.merry Xmas.xxx

4 Likes

Not drinking

8 Likes

Not drinking!

1 Like

You wanna talk about it more…?

1 Like

Being sicker than I have been in over a decade. I can’t even leave my bed, let alone even consider drinking.

3 Likes

That sucks. Sorry you’re feeling so sick. Hope you start feeling better soon.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! That’s awful! Bless you… I’m sorry you’re not well, hope it passes soon… sending hugs and get well soons :two_hearts:

1 Like

Eating cookies and cake with lots of sugar and coffee with tons of caffeine.

2 Likes

I passed the time with my mother, step father and sister’s this morning and introduced them to my lady friend. Then, after having a breakfast, opening gifts and playing games, my friend and I went to her families house where I still am at.

She’s enjoying herself and I find comfort in that. I’m brining happiness to a wonderful woman all because I decided a little over 3 months ago to stop drinking. Do I NEED to drink? No. Do I need to get drunk and more than likely act like a fool, argue or fight? No. I don’t want to nor do I miss it.

3 Likes

Reading in this forum. Thinking about how much better my life is now then I am sober.

4 Likes

drinking lots of water and going on my phone to distract myself

1 Like

Just got back from an AA meeting at the prison. A sponsee is marking his 9 year anniversary tomorrow. But not celebrating, never celebrating. Because 9 years ago he was DUI and fleeing the police when he crashed into and killed an innocent victim. I am grateful to remember that but for divine grace, I could have been behind the wheel of either car that night.

11 Likes

Listening to Jack White, chewing on cardamom pods. I get a kick out of crunching the seeds. One of the best breath fresheners, not that I stopped brushing and flossing.

Working on finding items from dumpsters for my garden. Want to make it with unwanted items, love recycling. So far so good. I found three yucca plants, 3ft. tall each yesterday. Score!

Working on finding purpose.

Needless to say, sober as fuck. Lol.

4 Likes

I’m under my duvet with TS and a box of chocolates :yum:…my lot have all been told without any doubt not to disturb me :face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs: I’m going to toss this day off completely, until 4.30 then up to my eldest sons place for a buffet tea and shed loads of ginger beer… u gotta love sober holidays lol xx

5 Likes

I went to an out of town meeting tonight! I’m visiting my brother in Boise and he came with me! First time I’ve ever had a family member join me and it was so fucking special! We talked about our journeys, our upbringing and so much more on the drive back to his house. Craziest thing was on the way there it was a much quieter car. Sobriety brings such richness to my relationships. God I’m lucky to be sober today.

5 Likes