What are you reading?

It was my mom’s. I’ve read it quite a few times over the years, but I shall try it sober this time.

1 Like

But in Paleo so many other delicious stuff is forbidden :tired_face:

1 Like

I am currently reading the Talking Sober forum. There’s some good shit there. I give it two thumbs up

8 Likes

How is the Outsider? I’ve been reading a lot of his sons books. Joe is an awesome writer. Glad he had an awesome teacher lol

1 Like

Have you read any of his sons Joe Hill books?

No, I didn’t know that his son wrote. I’ve tried to read some of his wives…

Yes. Just finished the King of Kings series. Love the Hardcore History podcast. Another good one is the WWII podcast by Ray Harris.

Great book! Have read it several times.

1 Like

Wow, that brings back memories. Love his old stuff.

1 Like

My last 3 books were all on my kindle from the library…

Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo …it was outstanding

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

All Grown Up by Jami Attenberg

Next up, Beautiful Exiles by Meg White Clayton

3 Likes

First I have to finish “Into the wild”

2 Likes

I am always looking to learn and progress -

Dreaming through Darkness is a Buddhist guide to self acceptance through confronting our hidden self
Factfulness is a fascinating look at how many incorrectly held beliefs about the world are so common and what the reality actually is. It shows that the world is a much better place than is believed.

The Wisdom of near death experiences, listens to various Doctors and experts experiences of witnessing a person dying and coming back to life.

2 Likes

Great list. I will look into some of those.

FWIW I had a NDE years ago and found the work\books of Stanislav Grof to be quite enlightening and an interesting take on the experience.

1 Like

Really??? I would love to hear about your experience if you ever feel like sharing it.
I can’t remember how I got an interest in NDE . It’s odd that I did because I am generally a skeptic about such things but after reading and hearing some of this stuff …wow…

1 Like

It is about family systems. If everyone stands in his/hers place you will feel the energy you need and and deserves. Very often one or more in your family shifted. I am finding out what happend in my family :grimacing:

4 Likes

It is a fascinating topic for sure, especially as you read various theories and people’s experiences. It gives you an appreciation of life and beyond. My experience certainly left me in a very peaceful frame of mind for quite some time…it was 30 years ago…I could use some of that peace now. I will use your reminding me of that time in life as a good reminder for reflection of what I learned. So, thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, joe hills stuff is good…that last one with the 4 novellas was awesome, I read it when it came out, and i queued it up on audible while I was interstate riding the other day, the one about the rain and the one with the dude on the cloud are both pretty trippy…he definitely inherited his dads style. The fireman was a decent concept too, kinda droned on in places but overall it’s worth a reread too

4 Likes

@anon37742172 the only two books you need are the Bible and the first 164 pages of the big book :joy:

3 Likes

Since yesterday Paleo is in my head constantly (your fault lol). I checked my diet and most of it already is Paleo so I think I’ll give it a try. I suffer from hashimotos disease and may try the autoimmune protocol.

1 Like