What are you reading?

Just finished the Three-Body Problem so…

1 Like

The unexpected joy of being sober

2 Likes

1cba03b7bf67ba038ba32433fbdf9bad

From the drawer beside the sink Joe Chip got a stainless steel knife; with it he began systematically to unscrew the bolt assembly of his apt’s money-gulping door.

“I’ll sue you,” the door said as the first screw fell out. Joe Chip said, "I’ve never been sued by a door. But I guess I can live through it.

1 Like

Anne Cleeves, Vera and Shetland series

1 Like

I’m reading this about trauma and PTSD. It’s slow going because it hits so close to home, but it’s really helping me understand myself, my history, and is creating so much compassion and understanding for others. I highly recommend to those that have an interest in the subject.

5 Likes

That sounds right up my alley, thank you for sharing!

1 Like

That book was life changing for me. I hope you find it useful :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Just started reading PKD’s “Humpty Dumpty In Oakland”. Before that, “No Middle Name”, by Lee Child. It’s a compilation of short stories from the Jack Reacher universe. Cool part was, two of the stories, Reacher only plays a minor role at the end. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I am re-reading Musashi’s Dokkodo

Upon the encouragement of my daughter, I am starting to read the Harry Potter series. I am not a big fan of fantasy . . . I hated Lord of the Rings.

2 Likes

Christmas mysteries. Cozy reads. Keeping it simple.

Argh, zombie thread!

What I am currently reading -

Antony Bourdain, “A Cook’s Tour”.
Loved “Kitchen Confidential”, which I read a few years ago. Heck, just love Bourdain in general, may he rest in peace. This one is good so far.

What’s on deck -

Dr Martin Seligman, “Learned Optimism”.
What I hope to do is in the title :wink:

And yes, I do use the cutout side of an old toothpaste box as my bookmark. Had it for years.

5 Likes

The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. Currently working on Tradition 1 with the accompanying workbook. The Traditions are the glue that holds AA together.

1 Like

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:
If you aren’t familiar with them, they include their recovery stories (alcohol, meth, eating disorders, family tragedy… you know. Something for everyone to relate to)

2 Likes

I start Reading this: for english speakers : Gytha Lodge - She lies in wait :blush:

2 Likes

4 Likes

“Into the wild” is my favourite movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably the most important book I’ve ever read! It changed my life. So grateful for this book! Enjoy Fran :blush::100::pray:

1 Like

I looove Kevin Hart. He’s a positive and funny af dude!! I’m praying for his quick recovery from his car accident. Only a 1/4 into his book and it’s great! :laughing:

3 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie

2 Likes