What are you thankful/grateful for today? πŸŽ‰πŸ™πŸŽŠ

I’m thankful to finally feel thankful for something. make sense? :sun_with_face::earth_americas::sunny::milky_way::volcano::earth_americas::gift_heart:

4 Likes

Today I’m thankful for making it a full week without alcohol. I’m thankful for getting off medication that was harming me more than helping me. I’m thankful for being able to hold my Godson. I’m thankful for my mom’s cancer being gone. I needed to see this thread today. So I’m thankfully for this forum for helping me. Love you all

3 Likes

@Elise That’s awesome! So happy things are going well for you & your mom! Congrats on a week! Stay strong, you can do it! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::smile::smile::smile::v::v::v:

1 Like

@Soberlife05 Thank you so much. It’s so easy to forget the good things in life.

1 Like
  1. Being sober.
  2. Going to drug alcohol centre and even though my appointment was messed up staying calm and being understanding (even though I got soaking wet and my underwear fell on the floor!).
  3. Going to a meeting and feeling the love.
  4. Seeing Louise, Lisa, Sarah and Becca.
  5. Going for meeting with my boss and him being really supportive and giving me a hug.
  6. My good friends coming round who I haven’t seen for ages.
  7. Having a fantastic meal and playing cards and bored games.
  8. Having such a laugh and going for a walk singing and dancing. Not caring what people think - probably seemed drunk as we were high on life (or sugar from all the sweets and chocolate! Lol).
  9. Laughing so hard I was crying with joy. (Haven’t been like that for over a year- especially without drink).
  10. Being in contact with Sarah.
  11. Telling ghost stories and scaring ourselves whilst walking in the dark.
  12. Lots of nice complaints and my friends being really proud and supportive of me for being sober.
  13. Being so grateful for all the love and support from AA friends.
  14. Having the best day ever that I can remember for a long long time.
  15. Not feeling lonely or out of place. Feeling comfortable in my own skin and being care free. Singing and dancing sober!!!
  16. Saying the Serenity Prayer together.
  17. Lots of love and hugs.
  18. Meditation.
  19. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings.

Xxxxxxxxxxx :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman::ok_woman::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

4 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Today I’m thankful for all the love people show me, especially my boyfriend. He doesn’t even know why I’m so grateful. And the trees, the flowers and the ocean. All this beauty leaves me breathless. I don’t need any other form of intoxication. :palm_tree::hibiscus:β˜‰

1 Like