What are your biggest triggers?

I am my biggest trigger

3 Likes

Alcohol commercials on youtube, especially on a video where im researching recovery or alcoholismā€¦ and billboards, and tv, and radio lol They dont get to me as much anymore but sometimes i find myself cursing at them under my breath.

3 Likes

I donā€™t get why they show alcohol adverts so early ? They show them here from 4pm onwards and then you can guarantee one in every break. It must cost a fortune! Business is clearly booming ā€¦

1 Like

Negative people

2 Likes

Money and boardom!!

Haha- I did that. Playing a new game now with a lemonade

Or when I really enjoy something on TV. Had to have a beer to enjoy it more

Stress at work, fridays, watching movies, camping.

Any excuse to try to justify drinking I should say.

1 Like

unplanned free time, any changes in normal routine, any time socializing would be happeningā€¦ so anytime I was alone and anytime I was with peopleā€¦ Pretty much covers it.

2 Likes

Boredom, negative people, and loneliness

1 Like

I heard it from somebody that his triggers are when it rains and also when it do not rain

Same here!

Trains, or any form of public transportation for that matter. I know im a weirdo but for some reason i miss drinking while travelling the most. It does get better over time though.

Oxygen and consciousness

3 Likes

Stressing out

My biggest trigger is flights, the small bottles that you can buy on plane and even bigger when you wait a plain and there is a bar close to gates. And tomorrow I have a flight and already freaking out

Being awake!

My worst triggers come out of no where sometimes, something I smell, sometimes a color, a song, a thought or memory. I find my drinking is closely connected to my negative emotions like sadness, frustration or anxiety, so if something triggers a negative emotion I want to drink to not feel it, but not any more.

2 Likes

Mostly stress or boredom

Just watched Atomic Blondeā€¦sheesh all they do in that movie is drink and smoke!!! That was hard but I got through it!

1 Like