What can i say? 😥

My life is painful and its not due to alcohol. My relationship is on the verg of ending and i honestly dont feel its even worth saving since he pushes alchohol on me. I wrote a letter to him i am on pg 4. Alcohol allowed me to allow the bad behavior from him and now that inam try to sover up he is lashing out even worse. Life as i know it has come unravelled. Here trying to stay sober. Thanks!

24 Likes

Hang in there. You’ve been through hell and back. Things will get better. I think you already know what you need to do. Just follow your heart.

3 Likes

Sending you lots of love and hope u find the strength to get through this tough time … x

1 Like

You will get through all of this and you will be SO much stronger Nikki! Sobriety is where you allow yourself to see things for what they are instead of the booze-filled goggles of denial and burying your head in the sand or at least it was for me! I was literally killing myself to hold on to something that wasn’t good for me. It gets MUCH better, stick with it love and know we are here for you.

3 Likes

Prayers and good thought sent to you. A year ago Saturday I was ready to end my life. Sobriety has brought me a sense of peace and serenity that I have never had before. It hasn’t been an easy year, but every second has been worth it.

3 Likes

You got this @Nikkicar!! :heart:

@Nikkicar
I am right there with you. My wife off many years recently left me. She said she could not take me blacking out everyday and being generally absent from our relationship. She has the patience of Jobe, but everyone has their limits. I supported her decision ( not that it mattered ) and accepted that I had hit the absolute bottom. I would daily hit the bar, then the convenience store to buy beer and or liquor. I would hide them in various places outside, in my pants, shoulder bag, lunch pail, etc. and proceed to drink them until blacking out. If that did not happen I would go to a bar after she went to bed to finish the job. Being drunk is no way to live. I am on day 4 and my body is revolting. No matter what, I am determined to reboot my life. Hang in there and know you are not alone in this journey.

4 Likes

Fly and be free, Nikki🦅

2 Likes

My ex was like yours she couldnt put up with my drinking any more after 15 years of marriage shed had enough and through me out and funny enough two weeks after this i decided to go to AA and admit i had a problem and from that day i made the decision ive been sober , and remarried and live a sober life today with my wife and two sons who never seen their dad drink so long term sobriety can be achieved if you want it wish you well keep on trucking

4 Likes

Hi Nikki,

I went through the same thing. I had a bad relationship. Getting out of it was a three year journey emotionally, legally and financially.

I can tell you that life is way better on the other side. I have a new sober partner. It was worth several thousands of dollars. It is my life.

Like you I had cut down drinking during the breakup and like you that wasn’t the main problem. Alcohol still wasn’t good for me. It was way easier to quit when I was living life by myself. I am sure you will thrive!

My tip: Don’t be nasty. Don’t bargain. Don’t give him the letter. Just use it to organise your thoughts and then just state that you are leaving because it’s best. Life is too short to live without love and respect. That’s all.

4 Likes

Mine isnt leaving me its me whom cant stand him his drinking now that i am quitting and his need to push alchohol on me to try and maintain control. Glad you got sober