What did you treat yourself with for your recovery

In my recovery I have found myself treating myself with things I could never afford in active addiction. I was wondering what other people have treated themselves with for their recovery. And hopefully, it will motivate newer folks to stay sober.

Here’s what I got myself today

21 Likes

Lots of similar threads if you’re curious to check out some past responses :slight_smile:
Here are just a few of the threads

[Do you reward yourself?]

[What'd you buy instead of your DOC?]

[Sober Reward Yourself Ideas]

5 Likes

Nice kicks! :trophy::tada::+1:

1 Like

I had been looking for 20 minutes for that middle one, but couldn’t find it, thanks for providing it :smiley:

1 Like

my horse son :horse_racing: :heart:

4 Likes

i have a OTTB, and just one. for now. :laughing:

1 Like

Cool kicks !
I treated myself with a new me the most meaningful gift i could have ever gave myself was a sober me

3 Likes

On my sober-day-counting app, it says I’ve saved over $600! In just under 2 months!
I havent bought anything big, but I do buy things like face masks, vitamins, nice water bottles…little things that up my purchase-dopamine hahaa

3 Likes

I got new weights for my barbell and a pull up bar.

4 Likes

A night at a spa hotel by myself. It was heaven. I went to the spa once. Spent an hour there. Then, I spent the evening doing a beauty ritual and soaking in the bath. Took late check out the next day. Skipped breakfast. Slept until noon. Took another bath. Checked out at 3. It was freaking heaven and I just realized that I have to do it again soon.

10 Likes

Oh hey, you’re back! :wave: Those are some pretty slick kicks, dude

2 Likes

You’re back too :wave: :smiley:

1 Like

Those shoes are dope man!

2 Likes

Thanks doug :smiley:

Hope your having a better day today man

1 Like

So far it’s been good, I have only been awake for an hour though. Which was only 18 minutes behind schedule and not 2 hours like the last 2 days, so progress

Haha i forget your half a world away its almost 3am here. Glad to hear your doing better though

1 Like

I treated myself to a new companion :heart_eyes:

And a new car. Very small, but would murder a Ferrari in a drag race :joy:

8 Likes

Ooh, I love abarth’s. I love the fiat 500 and I love nice engines. Perfect combination

It’s so much fun to drive. Puts a smile on my face everytime.

1 Like