What Do You Do For Self Care

Carmen, all that sounds great!

1 Like

Awesome! ending your day with that creativity = perfect.

Fantastic! keeeep it up!!

Looks like an awesome program.

This is my updated daily care list. I print it out and mark-up/check-off items. I noticed the ones I “hit” the least are 20-30 mins of walking, and 6-8 hours of continuous sleep. It’s really cold these days, so considering “mall walking” with the seniors. (if you don’t know it, google it :grin:)

▪	Morning weigh-in
▪	Shower and shave first thing in the morning, or in the evening
▪	Take my daily vitamins & supplements. (Use a daily AM/PM pill organizer)
▪	Track my calories (I target 1700-1800 daily)
▪	Walk or bike for 20-30 minutes at some point
▪	Block off at least 3-4 hours for productive job-search / skill-building activities, try for more
▪	Stay connected with family, and reach out to one other person daily
▪	Spend time on the forum (but not too much!)
▪	Read recovery-related book or other resource for 30 minutes 
▪	Attend at least two AA meetings per week
▪	Aim for 6-8 hours sleep
2 Likes

For me it’s getting away for a day or 2…Niagara Falls ontario is where i usually go

1 Like

Self care is so critical. It’s so important to make sure you take care of yourself. My methods of self care is a nice bath, mediation, music & walks. I find all of these help soothe my itch to use again. I currently started playing the piano to try and distract me also.

Physically, I changed my entire life with my diet and am getting rid of my Candida that alcohol completely allowed to ravage my body. I’m eating well, doing yoga, taking my probiotics, dry brushing and getting back to my natural self. I feel great!

Mentally, and spiritually, I read a lot, sing, meditate, play in nature, photograph things I find beautiful, I garden, walk a lot, paint and do tons of artsy things, I’m learning reiki (amazing!) and just basically anything that makes me happy. I find focusing on the things I love keeps the alcohol desires at bay since now I’ve got the time to do them without boozing it up! :heart:

2 Likes