What do you guys do

for fun now that you do not drink/use?

I am having a bit of a break down(I have that my life is over feeling).

It blows my mind how much life and boos killed me.

I started drinking to save my life(I needed to numb my pain from the past so I could still do my day to day stuff).

I have no idea how I am going to live without it, I do not remember how to.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Once you give up drugs and alcohol we actually forget we had lives. We not sure in the beginning what to do with our time. I have started to do park runs and back at gym. Even went to a movie last week. Try get out a bit. It will actually make you appreciate your sobriety and that you are in control of your life again. I never thought I could operate as a person with out my mix. But today I realize how amazing life is without it.

5 Likes

Thank you for commenting!

1 Like

Wise words from a perspective of clarity.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m old…fun is long gone from my life. LOL

I’m kidding. Of course I have fun but my fun is very different now. I’ve learned to enjoy and even look forward to the little everyday things. Big events are no longer fun for me because there is so much expectation on them to make me feel better, and they always disappoint (always did, actually). Now I find great joy in just spending time at home with my kids. Cooking, Netflix, reading, etc. They are all wonderfully fun activities if you let them be.

3 Likes

Thank you!