What have you achieved

I have chosen motivation in the hope that it is a positive post! I’ve seen a few negative things lately on this forum and it’s never been like that on here for me. So hopefully this will bring some positive vibes.

It’s good to talk we all know it is as bottling things up ironically can make us go for the bottle. However I think one thing that works for me is talking time out to self reflect. I’m my own worst critic and so hard on myself at times so it helps.

So here goes mine…
I have now believed I’m a unicorn :unicorn: for 261 days.

• In this time I have lost 1stone 9lbs in weight.
  • I exercise weekly and am now working with a personal trainer to build muscle and tone.
  • I never used to eat other than toast once a day. I now love food and actually enjoy cooking and eating 3 meals a day.
  • I have learned to drive and have my test booked in 2 weeks time.
  • My home hadn’t been decorated since I moved in 5 years ago and my six year old son still had a babies nursery. I’ve completely redecorated every room and he now has the football bedroom he wanted.
  • I got made redundant after 10 years I have since found 2 new jobs. One I didn’t like so I changed it the one I have now is going awesome.
  • I’m social butterfly making new friends seeing new people getting out to place I never went. Bringing the fun and not the drama.
  • Finally most important my relationship with my son and my family is the best it’s ever been.

Sorry for the long post but i’m pretty proud of myself! Something we should all be! I know I wouldn’t have achieved any of it without detox and
living my life free of alcohol. :blush::blush::blush: ! My motivation pic is me this year compared to me last year healthier in everyway! :see_no_evil:

26 Likes

Wow so happy to see some one talks about motivation and motivate others this is called an conditional love which we get once we start stop using and what we start to give thx and so proud to hear that from u take ur time and u can wright from today till tomorrow and believe me some one will read what u wrote and learn from ur experience great fully to God to my sponsor I had complete my 5years and 9days with out u sing drags.thx again and u look so healthy and sweet in ur photos.:heart:️1Love

3 Likes

5 years 9days @Shielder amazing job! I hope your right about it inspiring and bringing positivity. We need to count our blessings and make more wishes reality. Thank you for your awesome words :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Love a good post from a crazy unicorn lady!! It’s great to see ya pal!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course @Gabe.G! I like to spread the sparkles every now and again! :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn: Going strong! Same to you hunny :blush:

2 Likes

Hell yeah! I’m proud of you too :smiley::unicorn::bouquet:

1 Like

Great job girl!!

2 Likes

Big love nat 19​:kissing_heart::rose::heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry your days been rubbish :persevere: I hope it brought a smile to your face and helped you think about how amazing your doing too! :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome post!

1 Like

Definitely! That’s a great attitude to have. It’s a big wave were all riding here and sometimes it tries to take over us but we keep hold of that board and aim higher. I hope tomorrow is better for you :hugs::sparkles::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

My achievement today was a good review at work… performance is up now that alcohol has gone…

4 Likes

I love that @Robketts good on you. It’s great you got the recognition for it by the sounds of it👌

2 Likes

Awesome thread and great job on your achievements! I just recently got my car back on the road after 8 sober months and it was worth every second. Setting some short term goals are definitely motivation for me. Take it easy!

3 Likes

Woop woop to you Matt :tada: can’t wait to get some wheels and get on some adventures myself :blush: congratulations on also being at the 8 month sober mark @Matthew88 I’m right there with ya buddy! The little things in life make us happy so realistic goals are the way forward :raised_hands:

1 Like

Absolutely! I’m in Florida for work and went to the skatepark and cruzed around… It’s been nearly 5 years since I hoped on a board and I had a high from that till midnight. I’m 30 years old now so I will mark that as a win! Hope your doing well.

3 Likes

Hey there sober Unicorn @Nat19. Great to see and thank you for sharing all of the wonderful positive changes you have experienced. I’m sure your son is really benefitting from having such a great mum.

My life has completely transformed, I’m nearly 10 months free now and I’m happiest I’ve been in a long time. Lost weight, new job which I really enjoy, new dream home, better income, security, peace of mind, exercise regularly, fit and healthy and at peace with my self.

34 years old and I feel blessed, perhaps I’m a unicorn too.

3 Likes

@Matthew88 that sounds like an amazing kinda high and definitely a win! :facepunch::+1:

Wow thanks for sharing that @NewPerspective I totally relate to you never been happier or felt healthier! Take it from me you are 100% a real living unicorn.

You never believed, but you decided to take a different path in your life one day.
On that path you saw something you never believed you’d see… A real unicorn (sober you)
Believe in unicorns you could be the only person that does one day. As long as your the one person that truly believes then anything is possible :unicorn::sparkles::rainbow::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This is awesome. Huge congrats to you! I love this positive post, so inspiring and uplifting. Keep it up!:grin:

2 Likes

I’m 29 and actually look 29 and not about to fall over
Found a job paying 40K more
Started taking care of my teeth again
Threw out lots of junk before my move
Saved hundreds in bar tabs, went to Cali on NYE sober
Took up meditation and feel less anxious, live more mindfully
Doing way better at my current job

All in less than 90 days…

4 Likes