What have you done for your recovery i the last 24 hours?

Hi addicts,what have you done today to your recovery?
Just 1 thing?
Or 2 things?
Have you been happy with it?
Have you used tools provided to you?
After a while i started to understand that only believe in PS was not enough for me, i noticed that needed action.

11 Likes

Love this post! Being new to recovery, this is an important question I should ask myself everyday. I’m going to start making my life everyday recovery focused. If I put it on the back burner, I tend to lose sight of what I’m trying to accomplish. Anyway… today I went on here and chatted with others. Tonight I am going to smudge and do some self care. So far I’m happy with what I’ve done and I feel good about my recovery even though I am in my 1st 24 hours again. And I can honestly say that I haven’t been using the tools given to me otherwise I wouldn’t have relapsed last night. But thats going to change :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I called a friend. I wasn’t prone to relapse but it was a difficult situation for me mentally and speaking about it, calmed me immediately. Made me feel better which in the end prevents thoughts of drinking.

11 Likes

I called another alcoholic friend who I haven’t seen in months. It felt serendipitous, as she is scheduled for an MRI this evening and was very worried about having to take Valium for the anxiety and pain it will bring on. Conversation did both of us some good, I think.

7 Likes

I called my Sponser to ask him something about my step 4. I read page 86-88 (on awakening) in my AA big book and said my preyer for the day.

8 Likes

i’ve engaged on TS. i’ve taken my vitamins and drank lots of water. i spent hours yesterday getting lost in grooming my horse which is so, so good for my soul. :heart:

12 Likes

I called the after treatment of my rehab to ask if I could return to their program. They said yes, so come thursday I’ll go there weekly. Which I’m fairly excited about.
I’ve also joined a cgaa meeting.

11 Likes

I spent some time on TS, writing my daily check in this morning, like every morning. Been around here tonight for a bit, trying to give some support. Will do a little bit of home work for the group therapy I’m in before going to bed. On time. Sober and clean.

9 Likes

Yesterday I attended a Recovery Dharma meditation online and went for a walk in the woods, which I used for practicing Mindfulness.

On top of this, each day I make sure to do a morning check in on TS and a nightly check-in with myself where I reflect on the day, what I did well and what I could do better when faced with it again. In between I try to use my tools the best I can to stay sober and help others.

7 Likes

Ha! Yeah, our weather isn’t all that great! Had lovely blue sky to melt the snow up here in the Midlands today, which was very welcome.
Where are you from? I love walking.

3 Likes

Two meetings and 800mg antabuse

5 Likes

I listened to a recovery podcast on my way to work this morning. I meet a friend for yoga after work to make sure I’m filling my hour after work because i know it’s a trigger time for me. I eat a well balanced meal this evening so I end the day feeling good and strong. I began and I’m ending my day checking in here to keep my recovery motivation and accountability.

7 Likes

I prayed and read scriptures

4 Likes

It was our first settling snow for about 4 years, so was quite exciting :rofl:
Cornwall is lovely… not been there for decades, sadly. Enjoy the sea :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Had my morning coffee and breakfast, then worked out while also reflecting on my past mistakes with my addiction. Working out really helps me get stress from my addiction out in a positive way to progress forward in my sobriety. Then I cleaned my house and showered. Now getting a healthy dinner ready and listening to music.

5 Likes

Not drank or took drugs, about 6 prayers, 1 book study, 5 hours of meetings, 2 shares, helped other people and remained grateful.

6 Likes

Absolutely love Cornwall, been visiting there for nearly 30 years (its where my now-ex is from). Haven’t been back in over a year now due to Covid but will be there hopefully this summer. Hiked a good portion of the South West Coast Path on the south coast. On the north coast I’ve enjoyed day trips in Newquay & St Ives. Definitely little/no blue sky this time of year, though! :rofl:

2 Likes

Great topic. I attended an online aa meeting, listened to two podcasts on sobriety while walking the dog (shout out to Love Sober and Annie Grace) and visited TS.

I felt secure in my sobriety yesterday but I’ve found there is a direct correlation between me not bothering to put in the active effort with my recovery by doing these things and relapse.

3 Likes

I haven’t used today. Thats what I’ve done for my recovery :grinning::pray:

4 Likes

Chaired an in person AA meeting and read some threads on this forum.

5 Likes