What have you done for yourself today?

Self-love has been a huge part of my recovery. I am making this thread a place where I can post daily what I do for myself as well as something I like about myself. I had an online journal I recently did this in but when I did a factory reset, EVERYTHING was gone. So, I thought why not share it with others? I bet all of us can use some self love reminders, and I would love to hear what others do too!

Edit: I would also like to hear what you have done for someone else today too! :slight_smile:

31 Likes

I love this!

I hit the snooze button this morning for myself.

14 Likes

I love this saying, it’s so true. The more I’ve loved myself since becoming sober, the more I’m able to give back to my kids. It’s a win win all around.

5 Likes

I got to the last season and never finished it, I hate that Elena is gone. Hopefully it ended well lol

I hope your back feels better with the ice :heart:

1 Like

I woke up sober this morning. I thought positively about my day ahead and know I’ll make good decisions to keep myself on track.

9 Likes

Like it!

Popped into an AA meeting I’ve not been to before.

Got myself a new facemask to use later.

6 Likes

That’s a good question. I’m sober so I guess that counts.

7 Likes

I’m dragging my sorry ass to a meeting tonight. And I’m going to meditate in a bit.

8 Likes

I so, so want to know your story someday. You just seem absolutely lovely in every way.:heart:

2 Likes

I’m sitting on the beach Journaling and in prayer… This is my self love❤️🏖️

13 Likes

Eucalyptus Epsom salt bath after workout today. Relaxing.

6 Likes

I woke up early and went out for breakfast before work.

2 Likes

I’m super glad you bring this up actually. Right before my nap (something I did for myself today was listen to my body like @anon37742172 did) I was thinking this was important and needed to be added to the list. So for me, my list today is this:

What I did for myself-I rested and listened to my body edit: I also did an epsom salt foot soak, bathed with the body wash I made yesterday and drank chamomile tea
Something I like about myself:I am mindful
What I did for someone else: I sent an hour of reiki to a friend for his birthday and I gave someone a ride that needed it

Love how many of you are participating! :heart: Dont forget to share what you like about yourself too!

4 Likes

I made myself a healthy salad for lunch :green_salad:

6 Likes

I cycled 6 miles today :muscle::bike::sun_with_face:

4 Likes

But you’ll wake up to pee😜

3 Likes

Took a little break from work and walked the dog with my younger son. It’s beautiful outside.

7 Likes

biked 20mi (just gym stationary bike) to prep for a mtb race. then took a friend out to dinner tonight

10 Likes

Woke up early
Swam 2km
Worked hard
Breathed deeply
Housekeeping

8 Likes

Great thead! Since I got sober I developed an interest in looking after myself again too.
In the very beginning I read to “sleep when you are tired and eat when you are hungry” in some recovery material. Those simple tasks seemed impossible at first, but having a schedule really helps! I even went to the gym in the morning! Next step is eating healthier :grin:

5 Likes