What helps you sleep?

I’m 48 days sober and sleep is hell for me. Every night is restless. I take melatonin and seroquil. What do you guys do to help you sleep?! Please helo…

1 Like

Benadryl (diphenhydramine HCl) or Unisom Sleep Tabs (doxylamine succinate). These both work wonders if your having trouble falling asleep.

But really, as much as people don’t want to hear it, EXERCISE!

2 Likes

Benedryl ) only if I really can’t sleep)and night time teas. The teas actually really work

1 Like

Working out helps you sleep, I did that, and took melatonin. Zzquil in the beginning but working out helps the most.

2 Likes

Thank you guys so much for the ideas, I’m willing to try literally anything

Hey, you probably figured something out, but I just wanted to add another option. Doctors will usually prescribe Trazadone, and it’s worked really for me (after six months of intense insomnia). It’s very safe and is not at all addictive. Its taken in pretty small doses-- at larger amounts, it’s an antidepressant. There is an adjustment period where you’ll feel pretty groggy in the morning, and it does cause wicked dry mouth, but other that I’ve had no problems.

1 Like

I agree. I’m on trazadone also and it’s great. I could never sleep even before I ever started drinking, so quitting drinking REALLY made it hard to sleep. Love trazadone!

Listening to ASMR videos on YouTube, especially those intended for relaxation and sleep (you have to listen with comfortable earbuds). Also noise videos (gray, pink, and brown noise I find most relaxing). You don’t have to use headphones for the noise videos, just play them at a low volume on speakers.