What Interesting Things Have You Found On A Sober Walk?

i found a guinea pig this morning on my dog walk! someone left him/her in its cage on the curb to be picked up with the trash. its trash day in LA today :frowning: i’m thinking about fostering him/her until i can find a home…

what interesting / weird / sad / funny / etc things have you found on a sober walk?

8 Likes

OMG. Poor little piggy. Maybe he was supposed to get packed away in a car and was forgotten?

1 Like

Oh my god! Wtf. People are such pricks! :rage:

3 Likes

I’ve found 2 serviceable bikes, a 4 ton jack, golf clubs, and the best thing I’ve found was my inner voice.

I love walks, I do a lot of talking to my HP on them, and I get the satisfaction of being in a perpetually forward moving frame of mind.

2 Likes

Thats incredibly sad. Someone did this same thing to a dog here earlier this year, chihuahua I think. Left in a crate on the side of the road. Dog wasn’t as lucky as this guinea pig.
I will never, EVER understand how someone could abandon, neglect, or abuse an animal in any way. I just can’t wrap my head around it. How do you just put it outside and leave it there to die?
It both makes my blood boil and my heart break.

Thank you for rescuing this little creature. I am so glad you were there.
I’m hugging my dogs a little tighter tonight.

1 Like

thats a slightly better thought than just being dumped… but he’s safe now and i’m going to make sure he’s cared for! sad to, bc there are a lot of coyotes in my neighborhood that could have easily snatched him up!

1 Like

my thoughts exactly. so many animal rescue services in the area…

1 Like

@CaptAZ i love walks, too. great way to talk things over with myself :smile: i never find bikes - wish i did!

@TMAC i’m glad things worked out for this little GP too. could have been so much worse. now, to see how my dog feels about a little piggie in the house…

1 Like

I get into good convos a lot :rofl::joy: and then my headphones say “4 miles completed” and I’m like crap I better turn around :rofl::joy:

1 Like

It would be awesome if I found things I lost before while walking drunk lol

5 Likes

I’ve just started geocaching, can’t wait for cooler weather to do more and longer searches. And I’m working on something to leave that is motivational.

@Hawke i just had to google that – so cool :star_struck: i want to get into that, too!

@claire-lo There’s an app for that, no surprise. It really makes hiking/walking much easier for me to have a mission.

1 Like

i have a dog to motivate me / kick me out the door :laughing: but this activity sounds super cool. i’m going to look for the app!