What is "happiness" to you?

Finally over the hump. Feeling more energetic, positive, and inspired! There is so much to do in this world and alcohol has been clouding my motivation for far too long. We are fed such nonsense on commercials and television sitcoms that alcohol is the centerpiece to any good celebration. That is such a lie! Alcohol alters our perception, judgement, and emotions. What’s a good memory if it can barely be remembered. I have far too long suffered from this disillusion that happiness comes from consumption. Happiness is birds chirping in the sun light. It is for me a clean kitchen, self-care, and time with my son wrestling in the morning.

What makes you happy?

17 Likes

amen to everything you just said! Posts like that make me happy😉

3 Likes

Waking up hangover and regret free!!

7 Likes

Right now happiness is reclaiming the self respect I lost. I didn’t know just how much I had lost until recently. I’m 8+ months sober but I didn’t really take a hard look at a lot of things. There are certainly many things I still have to look at, but I’m happy to be working on the self respect because it will make those other things easier when I get there.

Happiness to me is also (and always) making it through another day and winning the fight!

4 Likes

Happiness is key to recovery!!

1 Like

A hug from my daughter, a chuck on the shoulder from my son, or a loving look from my wife. Doesn’t matter how much the day has sucked, these little things make everything alright.

And I have to be sober to appreciate them.

6 Likes

Yup. That special smile my wife gives to no one but me. And when my son grits his teeth like hulk hogan when we wrestle. That’s happiness:)

4 Likes

Happiness is when I can make my kids laugh to the point of tears.

4 Likes

Oh thos giggles man!

Happiness to me is spending time with my children. Having my son give me a hug and tell me he loves me (he is almost 20 lol). And just feeling content in my own skin.

4 Likes

You have a 20ish yo? I figured you were a 20ish yearold.

2 Likes

What makes ME happy ? I try not to think about that, to be honest.

1 Like

Haha thanks! My daughter is 23 and my son will be turning 20 in May :wink:

2 Likes

You look way too young to have children that age. Keep doing what you’re doing, because it’s working.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Seems like self-pride and success are motivating and bring happiness to your life. Congrats on your win! Keep it up!

How wonderful it is to have such powerful motivators as your family by your side with love and guidance. They are great because they have you too

1 Like

My goodness! My son grits his teeth too when he is excited!! Sounds like he’s gonna shatter them at time but he has such joy in his eyes!

Yes it is pure joy to share happiness with others. So glad so many have children as motivators. Funny how our bodies and state of being did not matter so much until our children were born! They are instant motivators to make positive changes and become better people

3 Likes