What Is Your Anthem/Fight Song?

Tool came up in a book I read.
Russian scientist, in a mountain redoubt, turns the volume to 11, bring on the zombies yada,yada.
Anyway, thought I’d look them up on Spotify, not there. Need to find them elsewhere

Jump on you tube, bud, there’s plenty on there.

I keep forgetting about you tube for music.

Were off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz :joy::joy::joy:

Love the bass intro.
1 Like

Representing the D sober artist eminem slim shady “not afraid” :heart: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=-grPV-Fae6I

1 Like

Tool. Yet another great band that just past me by.

Have to have a listen to A Perfect Circle. That’s the group that one of Tool did isn’t it.
I’ve literally only found them. Can’t believe I haven’t come across them before.

Me myself and I by Cremro this one pulls me out of any slump i get in

Listening to APC now. Tool isn’t on Spotify but APC are. Maynard sold out now?:joy:

That’s exactly where I am. I get stuck. I’ve not really found anything new to listen to for 20years. The odd band. Problem is I work on my own and so I get to choose what I listen to. I don’t like the dj’s or adds on most radio stations and they always play the same rubbish anyway. I’m not adventurous enough to put the discover weekly thing on Spotify. maybe I should.

I dont have an anthem, im all over the place when it comes to music, almost everything, almost. Mostly classic heavy metal and blues. However, i just threw tool on pandora and ill just say thanks for the heads up…right up my alley.

2 Likes

@Lionfish likes Maynard related music.

All these Mums listening to progressive metal; I love it! :smiley:

4 Likes

I have not but im certainly going to check him out. Lately ive been listening to The Dead South;
“Canada’s The Dead South often refer to their band as “ Mumford and Sons’ Evil Twins” and take a tongue in cheek attitude with their aesthetic of old western pioneers. But make no mistake, The Dead South are a genuinely good band that goes far beyond how they bill themselves”.

I wanted to play from a very early age but it was spawned out of the music my parents listened to. I remember the first time I ever saw the Appetite for destruction CD and thought They were the coolest motherfuckers on the planet ha! Explains a lot?!

Keep them around instruments; they’re bound to be curious at some stage about them. :slight_smile:

Lol well I was a whole person before being a mom. I’ve loved him since I was 13 :heart:

3 Likes

Here’s to you, boy :grin:

2 Likes

It depends on the kids willingness to learn, is the straightforward answer. I taught myself from ages 8-14 and by the time I was in tuition, I passed my grade 8 in 2 years but I was absolutely obsessed.

It also depends on the teacher; if they’re not engaging the kid, they wont be interested.

If theyre really serious about it, they’ll pick them up. My intrigue was sparked because I loved music, I always had music on and my parents are very musical (they dont play but they are always listening) and I wanted to be able to do it myself.

I love Etta, Koko Taylor reminds me a lot of etta…

I thought you would as a blues lover. Etta is one tough mama :slight_smile:

1 Like