What keeps you calm?

Ok so one thing that keeps me calm and what I do whenever I want to have a drink is my makeup. Makeup keeps me from drinking. Sometimes I get triggered and I want to just have a glass of wine or a beer but I stay strong. Yesterday I wanted to drink really bad because my nephew and son were getting on my nerves so bad but instead of relapsing I turned to makeup. It’s only been 8days for me but makeup has been my help these past couple of days. So what I want to know is what keeps you calm?

My look from yesterday!

17 Likes

You obviously have a real talent for makeup! I envy you!!

I find that yoga or bicycling both help me calm myself. Also, listening to guided meditations with headphones on. Breathwork also helps.

Great job @Nita on self soothing!!

3 Likes

Beautiful! I can’t put on makeup to save my life :rofl:

I find meditation and prayer keep me calm. And getting out into nature. Oh and of course talking to other alcoholics.
:bird:

4 Likes

My daughter would just love you. She is so obsessed with make up. She watches so many videos on YouTube. Do you vlog your looks??

What keeps me calm? Baths. If ever I’m feeling itchy and anxious I just get my plinky-plunky music, light a candle or two, and slip into a hot bath with a glass of cold lemon water. I USED to take a glass (or 3) of wine into my bath but I’ve learned that I just want to sip SOMETHING as I relax. It was never the wine that relaxed me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i just moisturise never to old to have a smooth face , looking good Nita

7 Likes

I get out on my bike if I’m particularly stressed. I do some hill climbs and work up a good sweat

7 Likes

Going to bed super early, lighting my candles and turning on After Dark on CBC Music.

2 Likes

For me to keep calm really simply best away i find courting 30seconds.in 30seconds I forget everything totally no matter how bigger it was .ofcause praying .and there are manys way to be calm it’s depants to person charathers.

2 Likes

I grab my tablet, start Netflix and have a long bath with some good skin care after

2 Likes

I’m instagram look me up
IamNitaB

2 Likes

You are AMAZEBALLS!! Where were you my last photoshoot!! :astonished: Holy shit…and that pink is FIRE!!!
To stay calm, I downloaded a meditation app called Calm. It has guided excercises, music, masterclasses and sleep stories…I love it!
I also either do Yoga or just stretch. Water is very calming to me so I go to YouTube and search for ambient water sounds.

5 Likes

Looking good. Now personally I don’t do makeup well, but I keep trying!:joy:
I find a bath and coming on here and chatting a real good way of relaxing in the evening.

4 Likes

This helped me today :heart:

11 Likes

The beach :blush:. Since recovery I’ve now found a very peaceful, tranquil spot for myself in life and its open 24/7. Whenever I need it.

6 Likes

I finished my picture yesterday:

I love art, in most any form! Even just coloring can help me shift my focus and my thoughts but I mostly love to paint. I love taking pictures, tending to my flowers, listening to music and singing along, watching and listening to the birds, going to the beach or playing in nature, listening to motivational stuff, going for a walk, playing with my dog, doing deep breathing, yoga & meditation, reading and or writing…pretty much anything besides what I did when drinking! It’s been really fun rediscovering what I love to do again. Your make up skills are amazing, keep doing what you love! :heart:

7 Likes

Meditation, a good meal, chatting with a friend about whatever is bothering me, laughing, and taking a nap are all my calm down go-to’s!

Taking a walk helps too!

1 Like

Love that lovely male up to keep calm. I love make up too.

1 Like

Just got ba k from malta very ancient place here’s some pics

5000 yr old temple

I feel great yo be back I’m taking a different approach any sponsors available please send message I need someone desperately

1 Like