What kind of drunk are you

@BondJaneBond sober since birth :rofl:

4 Likes

I am binge drinker and am happy and fun at first but on drink 8, 9, or 10 I get sad and depressed.

1 Like

I am the real deal… No question. I was an everyday drinker and drank at work. 60 days on Friday. Woohoo!!

7 Likes

I’m same way.

2 Likes

I drank at home every day after work, before work, during work, in the morning, any time was “miller time”.

4 Likes

For the first 28 years, since I started in college, I was a social drinker (if at times a heavy one). Depending on the situation, I could have 2 glasses of wine, or 8. But three years ago, work stress and having three young kids (a toddler and twins at home), something started to change. I was never a blackout drinker, but my wife started to get annoyed when I came home when I’d had a few drinks. So then I became sneaky. It ultimately led to my wife asking me to leave. Then the wheels just fell off. Two bottles of wine a night. Then as part of divorce proceedings, I had to stop to see my kids, I had to stop, and so that is what I’ve done.

4 Likes

I was a depressed drunk at the end. It was only there to help me punish and hate myself. And it always ended in blackouts. Always.

4 Likes

Same here to a T!

1 Like

Must be a Jen thing lol

2 Likes

Surrender and save yourself before its too late Brother, God is waiting with his love, grace and mercy…

1 Like

I started out as a binge drinker. And in between binges I found what I needed in other ways. But the last 4 years i was drinking almost daily and the last 4 month before I got sober I drank to excess every day…starting at 10:30am until I passed out at night… and I worked a full time job. However, I was a sexually liberated and super happy/funny drunk, although at times with specific people I was an emotional mess drunk.

3 Likes

What happens when you can’t take the pain again?

There’s an opt-in section to the forum called seeking help, it’s for people who are currently using/drinking so as not to “trigger” the sober folks on the main part of the board. I’d suggest opting in, and posting there.

2 Likes

Have you been to detox or rehab? Sounds like your drinking, like mine, is flattening you. When I stopped fighting my alcoholism (not my drinking, but the fact that as an alcoholic I could recover or die), I was able to start long-term sobriety. Surrender to win, brother! I’m pulling for you.

2 Likes

I lose control after the 1st drink as well, it’s always on weekends and never during the week, but I’ve decided that any substance i use that I cannot control is one that I have to stay away from. If you cannot moderate how much you intake, that’s a substance abuse problem, no room for negotiation.
It really doesn’t matter what type of drunk a person is in the end, a lot of us are either sad or lonely people that use alcohol in an attempt to be neither sad nor lonely.
If you can’t stop after the first drink, you may have to resign yourself to the idea that you can’t have that first drink at all. I’m sure we would all like to think we can get to a place where we can cut ourselves off at one or two, but why risk it?
Please believe that Sober You is just as much fun, just as kind, just as worthy of love as Drunk You, and any friends that are legitimate will be thrilled to help you along on your sober journey! Keep fighting the good fight Rockstar!
(Sorry for the long post, had a thing or two to get off my chest lol!)

8 Likes

Thats me to a T

1 Like

I was an eccentric emo creative drinker. I am an artist by gene so if I would often use alcohol to induce creativity… although I would always end up overdoing it and ruining not only my art, but my relationships, and the artist I had the potential to become.

Now I not only doodle sober, but I’ve begun to paint! Grow with the spiral and you’ll never have to concede to the drink again.

10 Likes

My son is bipolar, he will not take meds, he says bipolar is a superpower in his mania he says it makes him so creative and he likes it so yeah I understand, his superpower landed him in jail as of now he can’t handle it without alchohol

Chatty Kathy. Open up about personal issues to anyone willing to listen. Then bawl my eyes out. Not fun.

2 Likes

This is me to a T !
I never want to go back to that life :woman_facepalming:
Amen sister🙏🏻!

2 Likes

I wish my alter-drunk-ego would just go to sleep when she has too much to drink but she loves to drown as much alcohol as possible while simultaneously being somehow mobile and creating a path of self destruction both physically and mentally…And then sometimes she is fun and doesn’t do stupid things but just get lovey and smiley. Other times she cries and cries and cries.
0-100 right here. :wave:

5 Likes