What made you quit drinking?

My turning point was my son being born. Even though when he was born I still continued for awhile. My father was an addict and I remember him smelling like alcohol as child and he was not a friendly drunk. This is something I never want my son to go through. I want him to grow up making his own decisions and not something he’s learned from me. Well at least this. He is a perfect little man and have been enjoying every second of this crazy roller coaster of life. I hope you are all doing well during these crazy times and am proud of each and everyone of us here!

22 Likes

For me, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had my fill of drink. Now I want my fill of life.

Bye for now…

20 Likes

A rock bottom type of situation. Happy it stuck because I was going down hill fast.

12 Likes

Was getting out of control. Tbh worrying what people think. :roll_eyes:
But still sober :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Fat drunk and hungover is no way to enter, and live my bronze years. Maybe I can get through my last 20 slimmer, sober and headache free. And not wondering where the hell is my drink?
:pray::heart:

23 Likes

Get sober or die. I choose life.

18 Likes

I chose to start living and awaken. I had my birthday and I decided I had enough and never looked back

15 Likes

Sometimes I wish I could drink myself to death so I don’t have to be awake or aware :sleeping:
really depressed rn sry

5 Likes

I had a bad accident caused by alcohol withdrawal. Almost died, so decided enough was enough.

12 Likes

We crave a downer because we’re depressed which causes the cycle to repeat. Once the brain chemistry straightens out from the absence of alcohol the depression decreases. Best wishes to you… reach out if you ever need to talk.

8 Likes

Oh my goodness, so sorry that happened to you, how scary…

1 Like

I quit because I was tired of seeing how alcohol was affecting my life and my relationship with my husband… and also tired of seeing what alcohol has done to the people around me. It had controlled my father’s life, is slowly killing his girlfriend, killed my best friend, and was killing my own spirit. Just to name a few.
DONE.

15 Likes

-I realized I was 100% and alcoholic.
-My uncle died from alcoholism and I just saw myself becoming just like him and it was scary.
-The more sobriety I racked up the more I realized sober life was the best life.
-My last relapse still makes me cringe.

14 Likes

Glad you made the change.

2 Likes

For me it was i was just tired of it truth be told i was tired of smelling acting looking drunk all the time and making stupid decisions and oh my ex wife helped me quit to she was my everything at the time 🤷😅 and so i did it for her to.

9 Likes

if i hadnt id be dead good reason i thought

10 Likes

You’ll have that to thank her for partly.
You’re doing good, trucker. :wink:

10 Likes

Incredible reason! Glad you made to choice!!!

2 Likes

@Mike2412 I’m sorry that happened mike. I’m glad everything turned out well. Keep it up!

2 Likes

My rock bottom moment: I was tired of my life, what I had become. I planned a farewell party for myself. The next day I was going to end my life. I had the gun in my mouth. I heard God say, “try sober” The rest is history

16 Likes