What new foods do you love since becoming sober?

I have been trying lots of new foods as part of taking better care of myself and enjoying day to day things.

New favourites:

• Arugula
  • Dates
  • Figs
  • Dried apricots
  • Kombucha
  • Sunflower seeds

I have a renewed love for:

• Mangos
  • Soba noodles

What new foods have you tried? Which are your new favourites?

3 Likes

Not really new food but right now i like:
Anything with sugar
Seafood
Tacos
Seafood tacos
Chocolate covered frozen bananas
And Carbs!

Not really craving the greasy foods to soak up the hangover which is good. But i think i am eating more especially in the morning from not being nauseous and also not ingesting all the empty calories. Also i have been drinking tea everyday since I quit.

4 Likes

Tacos are one of those perfect foods!

Yes, eating more is really normal at first.

2 Likes

I just love food!!

1 Like

Ice cream :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses::grinning:

2 Likes

Ice cream! That’s not a new love but I love it so much more! One spoonful every day.

2 Likes

Kombucha!!!
La Croix

2 Likes

I am eating almost everything cooked well.

1 Like

Food:

• Ice-cream
  • Green juice
  • Avocado Toast
  • Ice-cream
  • Ice-cream

Drinks

• Sparkling water with splash of mango juice
  • Lemon water
  • Kombucha
2 Likes

I’m also on a Soba kick lately! I even made homemade Dashi broth.

Things I’ve been loving since sober:
Homemade popsicles
Kiwis
Mizuna salad greens
Radishes with butter
Matcha Tea lattes
WATER
Fresh fruit
Bok choy (with my soba)

Great post btw!

1 Like

That looks yummy. There are so many recipes! I used to make something like that for lunch. My co-worker and I thought we invented it.

1 Like

I am going to have to try both of these. Mizuna is apparently like Arugula. Yum!

Soba noodles are so easy and nutritious.

I’ve found that I can pretty much eat anything anymore, spicy, tomatoes etc. I don’t crave fried foods or fast food as much. I have developed a craving for sweets. I like hot tea more.

1 Like

Radishes with lots of butter on French bread is my new fav snack!

1 Like

My new fave thing is prunes. I guess I am old lol! They are so sweet and such a good substitute for one of my old vices: gummy candies.

Your post reminded me of this beautiful song. They speak of tea like I used to feel about drink.

“I drank a glass of tea that scorched my heart first”

We need to learn to live these feelings without needing chemicals to get there. But l would still rather use hot tea than poison.

1 Like

Sparkling water with lemon or lime!

1 Like

Beware that Kombucha is fermented and does contain traces of alcohol generally if you brew yourself. Shop bought ones have less probiotics but generally no alcohol or 0.001

2 Likes

Yes. Kombucha won’t be good for everyone here. I don’t find it triggering the way NA beer is. Some people can handle NA beer too. Not the best for me.

1 Like