What’s one nice thing someone has done for you lately?

In my neighborhood coffee shop, there is a tiny sign perched on the countertop alongside the wooden stir sticks and assorted pitchers of milk. “Remember kindness. It only takes a moment to make someone else’s day a little brighter.”

I often wondered what inspired someone to put it there. Did they witness a particularly sweet moment? Or rather, did they grow tired of watching one too many patrons not hold the door for the person behind them? (Maybe a little of both.) Either way, its point is a good one. You never know what the people around you are secretly grappling with. Sometimes, all it takes is a tiny thoughtful act to turn someone’s entire day (or week or month) around. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To that end, what’s one nice thing someone has done for you recently? It doesn’t have to cost anything or even require planning. Let’s give each other ideas so we can spread some kindness!

13 Likes

Great topic. I love trying to do random actors of kindness for people. I’m trying to think of something someone has done for me. The other day, an older gentleman saw me carrying a take out order of soup & salad from local market and before I even got to the door, he rushed over to hold the door. An everyday thing that should be common courtesy but sometimes that’s rare these days. It was lovely. Also the little things my preschooler does fills my heart. Here’s a photo from this summer of some dandelions he picked for me in my pinned up curly mane of hair lol. I didn’t care that there were likely ants all over them. I put them in my hair and he was so proud :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Hmm. 2 days ago ticket inspector was cool with waiting 2 minutes until I finish playing round on my phone before checking my ticket on it :joy: well he knew It is impossible to pause online game I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (@everygamersmotherever :laughing:)

5 Likes

My coworker thanked me for my help Friday. She does every week and she doesn’t have to.

5 Likes

Someone paid for my coffee who was ahead of me in line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My ma took me to a talk today for International Women’s Day. That was amazing.

4 Likes

Well it hasnt happend yet, but today i have an appointment with a personal trainer at the gym i have assigned to, starting a new healthy life

5 Likes

Let us know how it goes :exclamation:

1 Like

Wow. How inspirational :heart: how was it?

I always try to help others when I can u gives me satisfaction and they other person feels valued it’s usually smal things like opening a door asking if the need some help if I see them struggling picking sinething up that an older persons would struggle more with little things makes the bugs things♥️BE KIND

2 Likes

We need more of you in the world! I’m the same way…you never ever know how far your kindness can go

1 Like

The other day a car took the parking spot I wanted and I went around and took another one and the driver, an older gentleman, came over and waited for us to get out to elaborately thank us, as he really needed that spot right in front of his door. Was so cute he took the trouble to say thanks.

I’ve recently stopped eating sweets and my bf as a surprise got me a choice of like ten different low sugar protein bars from the drug store. He has learned one has to substitute when cravings occur :wink:

4 Likes

Oh i just realized that it was someone else and not mysrlf :joy::joy::joy: it went well im just tired and body is aching a bit :joy::joy:

1 Like

My Husband made me dinner… :blush:

5 Likes

An old friend walked into my work today ,asked for me, and gave me a hug and asked how I was doing and if all is well…he usually walks by the window and I wave or I pop out to give him a hug .hadn’t seen him for a few months so that was nice today.it meant a lot to me for him to take the trouble to come in and say hi.:heart::blush::dizzy::pray:

2 Likes

My co worker said I always help out and he gave me 100 gift card to red lobster I thought that was nice and something he really didn’t have to do but I really appreciated it.

3 Likes

something nice someone did to me today was simply talk and listen

its so easy to get thed up with a alcoholic addict so for someone to give me a face to face sholder really says a lot

1 Like

Love this thread.

My partner bought me an orthopedic pillow because she knew my shoulders had been causing me a lot of pain recently.

I told a woman at work I’ve just begun sobriety and she said to me “I have a lot of time for you Claire. If you ever need to talk or need help I’m just a call away” (I’ve been feeling really emotional since my decision and this made me well up)

4 Likes

My friends and sisters gave me great birthday gift :grin:

3 Likes

Was it your birthday? Happy birthday! :birthday::balloon::tada:!

1 Like