What’s your favorite sober quote?

One I came up with: A promise for tomorrow is just a broken promise for today. Less a sober quote than a don’t bullshit yourself quote, but I’m quite proud of that one.

1 Like

Congrats that’s awesome!

"I destroyed my body for a peace of mind I never received"
This one hit home so hard when I first quit. 🖒

11 Likes

So true too.

1 Like

Thank you :wink:

This is the part I Don’t understand. Why is This?

I’ll take a stab at this. So are you stopping for a planned period or do you want this forever? For me I tried so many times to quit until I got over it lol. Lunacy on my part. I tried every way I could to be a normal drinker. You know those crazy rules we try. “If I get to see a shooting star tonight I get two drinks?? Guess what my drunk ass would do grab a sleeping bag and watch until I convinced myself I had lol. I know if I grab a drink it will consume me again. I don’t doubt this to be a fact! I like to not feel and if I let myself go there I’ll be right back there.

Okay. That makes a lot of sense . :slight_smile:

1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

1 Like

“I am not afraid of tomorrow
For I have seen yesterday
And I love today.”

5 Likes

“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.” Robert Louis Stevenson

2 Likes

When something bad happens you have three choices, let it define you, let it distroy you , or you can let it strengthen you, thats my favorite and it’s good

5 Likes

“Take everything that’s bright and beautiful in you and introduce it to the shadow side of yourself… When you are able to say, ‘I am … my shadow as well as my light,’ the shadow’s power is put in service of the good.”
~Parker Palmer

1 Like

If you go to a whore house enuff times youre gunna get fucked

3 Likes

You’ll truly change when the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change.

6 Likes

There are three types of people in the world. Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who say what happened!! Be in control of what happens!

Alcohol might have brought me to the party… but Sobriety asked me to dance

2 Likes

2 Likes

The seats get a little bit more comfortable the longer you stay (especially true for meeting rooms that have those crappy folding chairs)

A SLIP stands for Sobriety Losing It’s Priority

It’s my (your) stinkin’ thinkin’ I need to change

1 Like

Almost forgot one of my favorites:

If the grass looks greener on the other side, time to water your own lawn!

6 Likes