What should I take?

I have Pride this weekend this is my first time going sober! Everyone is going to be drinking so I’m up to debate on what I should take so I can be in control of my cravings!

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I love energy drinks when I’m in boozy situations. But I think for you it’s important to remember that you have like 10 months away from a drink. You must be doing something right.

1 Like

Yeah I know your right but I’ve been having cravings a lot lately so I’m very worried I won’t enjoy myself because of the drink

There’s this really cool documentary (it’s not for everyone) called the rule of attraction. Basically the premise is that if you want something badly enough and focus your thoughts on getting that thing then it will happen. Just tell yourself you are going to have fun and you won’t drink. And mean it!

3 Likes

I’m partial to rockstars myself. Anything pure zero.

2 Likes

Monster zero > rockstar

I beg to disagree. Im not a fan of monster’s in general though.

The 1 gram of erythritol but 2 carbs per serving is suspect lol. I can do erythritol but I avoid sugar like the plague

I only like the no sugar ones (blasphemy, I know)

1 Like

I don’t have to count erythritol as a carb, and as a ketogenic dieter that’s big time. 20 carbs a day can get consumed really quick.

I only understood like half those words. What the fuck is this ‘diet’ you speak of?

3 Likes

I started the Keto diet 2 weeks ago have lost 8 pounds!

2 Likes

Enjoy the weekend! Completely agree with the Rule of Attraction & and an iced coffee with an extra shot of caffeine couldn’t hurt :hugs:

2 Likes

Keto is low carb lifestyle. Very low carbs, moderate protein and lots of fat.

Keep the carbs to 20 and under and you’re set.

1 Like

It’s become a little easier to handle but before it sucked since I use to eat a lot of pasta

It’s a way of life for me, I’ve been keto for about 18 months. There were some periods in there where I didn’t care what I ate of course lol. When I got sober in January I was 282, I saw 230 on the scale this morning and thats a beautiful thing. Lily’s dark chocolate bars and halo top get me by when I’m craving sweets but that doesn’t happen to often anymore. I’ve got cocoa powder, stevia packs and coconut oil so I’ll be whipping up some fat bombs soon.

2 Likes

Dude that’s awesome! I wanna make it my way of life but man the beginning is hard! But I’ve been told it’s worth the hard work!

It gets easier and easier. Not having energy swings has been amazing, I always have a constant flow. Dont get those blood sugar peaks and valleys, don’t get and feel bloated constantly.

Buck a piece, couldn’t pass it up

1 Like

I’m more of a monster, full throttle, and Bang drinker. Haven’t tried Rockstar

1 Like

I like the Bangs too. Winco has them for 1.38 each, but… 3 for 3 is better lol.

1 Like