What was everyone’s hobby’s before addiction?

What was everyone’s hobby’s before their addiction ?

I played Rep A lacrosse for 11 years and kickboxing for 7 years. Also hunting, cars and dirt biking!

2 Likes

I used to live posting football/soccer for all you US folks and field target shooting with air rifles. My addictions started at 13 when I found pot though :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Fast cars. Still is my jam in recovery. A bit hard to drive on the track drunk!

5 Likes

No doubt :joy:

I was 10, so I guess doing whatever it is 10 year olds do? Go to the local pool. Ride my bike. Eat pizza.

4 Likes

Drawing (doodling, not that I was good), journaling and poetry, dabbling in graphic design (i have my Associates in it) Since finding sobriety again I’ve picked up drawing and journaling once a day for everyday of my sober journey.

3 Likes

This is also very similar to what I do as a 34 year old. I guess addiction really does stall emotional and mental growth.

7 Likes

I only just realized this the other day!

2 Likes

Played street basketball, went very well together with smoking pot for years and years (or at least I thought so). Went not as well together with drinking beer.

2 Likes

We gave everyone bubbles to blow at the wedding when we walked out! I love bubbles My daughter also loves bubbles too, which means I have to create them for her. Usually on demand. For hours a day. Everyday. I hate bubbles.

5 Likes

Is there further growth to be had in hobbies after those three things, though? Sounds like a pretty good life. :joy:

1 Like

Really? This explains everything.

I need more back story to this cus I’m just thinking your therapist is a bit nuts :crazy_face:

-The demands of a toddler wanting bubbles are are real!

Also can you in your onesie on your space hopper plz be your new Avi! Pretty please

2 Likes

Our emotional age? What did the therapist say? I’m dizzy from all the different posts :upside_down_face:

https://youtu.be/yvuOtlpSAeY😂

Your a funny onion, missy, dont ever change! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Me neither, I have no patience for ‘girly’ things or small talk.

1 Like