What was your last dream?

Hey All!

Today I wanted to start a thread on a very interesting topic that has always fascinated me my entire life. I have always read books and watched plenty of videos on the dream world and think it’s extraordinary. Since being sober, I’ve wrote down my dreams from the night before every single morning to document and really absorb what happened, as well as see how much I can remember. Recently I’ve taken a stab at lucid dreaming, which for some can be quiet scary depending on your mind set or what your seeking from doing it. I’ve gotten to the point, with practice to be able to control my dreams, tell myself in a dream that I am dreaming, continue dreams that I wake up from, and for the first time last night- tell someone else I was dreaming.

The point of this thread is for everyone to post their most recent dream, reccomended first thing in the morning, and I think this can also help with recovery at the same time. If anyone needs advice on meditation and or lucid dreaming, astral projection etc, this is the place for it.

I really think this could have potential and open up a realm of possibilities within our recovery, as well as just seeing how dreams change each day you move further from your sober date. If serious about this, I would recommend writing down dreams on paper so you can remember them and go back and see how they have changed

Lets have some fun with this, I will post mine tomorrow morning since I’ve taken enough space already as it is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Great idea! Sadly I often don’t remember my dreams :see_no_evil: Tried astral projection but don’t succeed. I get a very intense and calming state of meditation tho.

1 Like

I look forward to this :grin::grin::grin:

Thinking this will pick up more in the mornings haha

I have a recurring dream about a house I’ve never been in in real life. It is usually very delapidated and dusty with cobwebs. Sometimes with strangers in it that don’t belong there, and I’m either angry at that or just disappointed in the condition of the house.
I dreamt of this house again last week, and suddenly, parts of the house are in order, with furniture, etc. And the people who seemed to be squatting there didn’t bother me at all.
I found those changes interesting.

2 Likes

This is cool, my last dream:
“Apocolayptical setting”
Me and 10 friends in a huge house hiding from this Massive AI bot in the sky.
Ai bot was shooting and killing everyone,
One of my friends needed help but i was hurting and nearly dead already.
I decided to go help anyways and ended up getting shot and dying.
Right after dying i was there with another friend as an observer of the rest of the city trying to survive.

Weird huh?

3 Likes

Cant tell you about my dreams my wife would go crazy lol

2 Likes

I am typing this before writing in my dream journal as I slept in and woke up a bit late. Last night was a weird one, but has been a reoccurring one for me. Alot of it had to do with me being back in high school and graduating again, but my younger sister was also there and seemed as though she too was graduating. I’ve been having roughly 3 to 4 times a week dreams of being back in school, being late for class, missing an assignment, and I have been reading up on why this may be. I have yet to find the answer. There were also those huge European wasps in my dream that absolutely scare me, I watched a video about them weeks ago, and just now dreaming about them…why is this I wonder? Dreams are crazy and last night just proved yet again they are so unpredictable it’s scary.

1 Like

Ouuu I like this!
For two years I’ve had these whacky nightmares and they are always the same concept. Same houses, same town. Always running from something while trying to save my children from ‘bad guys’ There’s never sunshine, it’s always dark and chaotic. That’s just long story short but I’ve always wanted to look deeper into them because I feel as if it’s trying to tell me something.

2 Likes

I also remember last night waking up to my whole body twitching/jumping like really hard…i don’t remember if it was in the middle of a dream, I don’t think it was. I’m going to look into this because it happens a lot and it’s pretty scary every time. I know the feeling of falling and waking up, it’s similar to that in its randomness, but much different and a lot scarier. Its like I got struck by lightning, I feel a huge jolt

Research done ^^

1 Like

You know, I don’t ever recall having a dream where there is daylight. Even dreams that I know are taking place in a daytime setting are always dark, with the source of ‘dark light’ (if that makes sense), coming from the ground.

2 Likes

Just woke up from a nap thinking WTF?
I was in my living room looking outside the window and saw an explosion like when an asteroid hit the earth, a massive wall of fire was coming my way. All I could do was hiding behind my couch, shivering in fear. It became so hot in my dream that I screamed and then…woke up. That was inrense :confused::confounded:

1 Like

That sounds intense for sure. I also just woke up from an intense lucid dream of using once again. Ive had this same dream the past 4 days, and I’ve written it down each morning in my dream journal, it’s scary to see how it’s progressed from night 1 to day 4, a long continuation of the same dream back to back to back to back! Ive never experienced anything like this before, and I always wake up right before I’m going to take a hit. Let’s see what happens tonight, I’m about to watch IT chapter 2, so I’ll either dream about that, or continue this crack journey

1 Like

I dreamt my dad called me and he was drunk. When I woke up I couldn’t remember if he was alive or dead, it took quite some time to remember he was deceased, it was so very odd.

3 Likes

I too have had a lot of dreams lately with my dad in them. The first few times I was sad, scared, hopeless, etc. Now when I see him in dreams, especially since practicing lucid dreaming, I can get pleasure from seeing him during slumber and can tell myself it’s just a dream, so that when I wake up im not devastated any more. It’s powerful to say the least. He passed Jan 18 2014

2 Likes

Aww, I’m sorry for your loss. My mom, who is also passed, was in the dream as well as a co-worker of mine, also passed. I should Google dream interpretation on the meaning of all this.

Not only should you look that up, you should continue to learn about all types of dreams and what they mean and how you can actually learn to control them while asleep. It’s powerful stuff and its helped me in my recovery in more ways than I can count !

2 Likes

Something about automatic firearm assembly, and a violent fight with my father, who I love very much in real life, and is a amazing person. Woke up, and am now having coffee.

2 Likes

Have had some really sad dreams lately involving my kids, where I wake up crying. Had an odd one yesterday, where my SO broke up with me next to a sparkling pool- while tanning and I dressed in drab, tube socks and dirty sneakers :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Damn that’s powerful, its amazing what our minds can create. Lately ive been having significant using dreams coupled with dreams of my ex girlfriend and my father who is no longer here. When all 3 hit me at once I wake up shaking and tremoring no joke. Now when you add the lucid element to them, that’s when it gets real serious and feels soooo so real it’s not even funny.

1 Like