What would you tell your younger self?

I have asked myself this question so many times. If I could, I would tell my younger self that even though she feels alone and out of place that one day she will be so comfortable with herself that she won’t recognize that part of her anymore. I would say not to make excuses for myself no matter what. Let’s hear yours!

I would tell her she was loved even though she didnt see it or feel she was i would tell her your stronger then you think you are

1 Like

Quit screwin’ around!

1 Like

You need to be creatively active, Every day at least twice a day! And drugs suck a lot!!!

1 Like

Youre the smartest here​:laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Probably I even gave my mother my credit card once haha

1 Like

I wish that someone had told me that alcohol does not take away pain . It helps you forget temporarily, but then everything bubbles to the surface and you have to deal with all that shit in the end .

1 Like

I was thinking about this yesterday. I think I would say 'you are going to make some mistakes. You will have some real hard times and regrets. Keep moving ahead because everything is going to be OK."

The choices I have made makes me who I am today. Yes some of them were not the best but I turned out to be an ok guy.

3 Likes

I would do everything I did all over again, strong believer of everything happens for a reason, I wouldn’t be here today and know what I do if it hadn’t

3 Likes

I would tell my younger self to take care of my body… Because of my choice to do everything wrong to myself internally and externally in 29 years, a disease developed and I will live the rest of my life fighting to stay alive.

1 Like

Listen very carefully to the recovering alcoholics. They are a lot more like you than you realize.

Idk if I would tell Goat as a kid anything. That stubborn sob would not have listened in the first place. Also, despite not having the best of times, of late, Idk if I would be willing to trade right where I am at right now.

1 Like

“The courage and perseverance you have now - don’t lose them!”
(she would give me a what-are-you-babbling-about look, because she couldn’t imagine that she would become… well, pretty much a coward)

1 Like

See a therapist earlier than age 36, and marry that French guy you meet in your 20’s! Don’t be so damned independent! :persevere:

3 Likes

Man, I felt that! I’d have said “chase her! She wants you to go with her.” Guaranteed it will be worth it so swallow that pride, pack up your shit and go!

2 Likes

Stop worrying, you will become the person you want to be…but it will require profound change and decisiveness…

1 Like