What'd you buy instead of your DOC?

Instead of handing my money to a bartender or drugdealer I bought myself my first pair of redwing boots for work and that leather feels good. What’s something you bought instead of drugs or alcohol? FLex a little big or small

59 Likes

Shoes!

Desserts!

More Desserts!!!

28 Likes

Those look TASTY!
Me… desserts… well, biscuits&co (:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). Luckily, they are locked up in a cupboard.
And sneakers :slight_smile:

8 Likes

At least we got some nice kicks to run off those desserts eh? :sweat_smile::running_man:‍♂

4 Likes

Not that I’m generalizing, but if you see a person shopping for shoes and sweets, you’re looking at an ex addict :joy::joy::joy:

21 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Mine are more of a “running FOR the sweets” type (yeah, I’m blaming the shoes :crazy_face:)

3 Likes

BTW, I love those boots man!

2 Likes

Appreciate it. Those shoes look like they’ll give you a few horsepower. I’m trying to figure out what that dessert is… like a cubed strawberry on Graham cracker crumbles and custard? Lol

2 Likes

I bought an fishing pole and tackle instead of buying drugs.

25 Likes

Heck yeah man now you wont have to buy dinner if all goes well hah

1 Like

Haha yeah what’s yalls clean dates

I just hit day 201. I was sitting in jail 201 days ago drunk as hell, just waiting for that nasty ass hangover. Rough. You?

8 Likes

11 months 6 days and 21 hours

8 Likes

Same tho got arrested then wanted so badly to get away from addiction that I finally found my inner sober

7 Likes

This is off topic, but someone at my meeting today called it her (alcohol in her case and mine) drug of “no choice.” I thought that was pretty good!

8 Likes

At first a fancy electric tea kettle. My sober kettle. :grin: Chamomile every night instead of the other thing.

Then:

• Helped mom with surprise medical bills
  • Upgraded my backpacking tent and other gear
  • Flew back east to visit my family
  • Got a new dinette set

I, um… drank a lot. :roll_eyes: To be fair, that’s over the course of the whole year though.

19 Likes

Bought me a truck

And a bunch of stereo stuff to go in it, and all the supplies to make fiberglass stuff.

And the kids had the best Christmas ever last year.

575 days sober now, wouldn’t of even had rent money if I was still a drunk.

35 Likes

A stable, healthy living situation and proper groceries. Talk about getting bang for your buck! :grin:

25 Likes

Healthier groceries, workout gear, and skin care. Oh, and supplies for my hobbies, like journaling and blogging. I also like to make my own skin care sometimes, I DIY sugar scrubs, clay skin masks, and facial toners. :blush:

18 Likes

Holidays

And bicycles

This is mostly from money saved by not smoking btw. No drinking money is added now yay!

25 Likes