What'd you buy instead of your DOC?

Two computers (the monitor on the right is now 27", so even bigger), a car, lots of art supplies (which helped me in the first 6 months but I don’t use anymore because, reasons), and slowly buying even more equipment for my big computer. I’ve accrued a lot of debt, but debt I manage responsibly, pay off quickly, while I enjoy my new toys. I only drank out at the bar, so I spent a shit ton of money. And not buying benzos adds quit a bit into my pocket as well. Also have bought a lot more books. They are stacked up on my shelves (there are 3 more) in dangerous ways.

Oh, and I got a new computer chair recently as well.

22 Likes

I bought a $400 blender, make extra payments towards my mortgage and increased payments toward my retirement.

Fear and actual economic insecurity have left me. Before, I always felt broke and behind, because no matter how I earned, I was always living on the edge.

Today, I have choices.

30 Likes

Workout clothes and sneakers, a scale, a tea kettle, lots of energy crystal jewelry, lots of fruits and veggies (healthier groceries as mentioned above), eye brow waxes and pedicures, finally got hubcaps for my car. Money gets poured into self care these days.

12 Likes

I brought a new ‘yay for being sober car’. My partner promptly spilt a bottle of wine on the backseat so it became my ‘stinks of wine yay for being sober car’
The irony! :woman_facepalming:

22 Likes

Im a typical guy… Tools, Tools, and more Tools to make my life easier!

10 Likes

You should have saved your money and bought a glock, just saying. Add a nice RMR and you’ll love it.

3 Likes

Clothes and yugioh cards lolz

3 Likes

Able to pay bills on time and have enough left over for gas without panicking every 2 weeks is nice. Also getting into geocaching and fishing regularly again with hub (I fight with boredom daily). Hope to save enough to buy my first Glock!

12 Likes

my credit cards! :money_with_wings:

11 Likes

I built a fight gym in my garage. Rubber mat flooring, all the bags and pads, mirrors, weights etc.

18 Likes

This thread is awesome! Some great things you guys have there. I enjoy collecting vinyl records, so I always say for every month im sober ill buy myself a new album! (Boxsets count as albums too :joy:) also, I want to get some more art supplies to further my hobbies. And toys and clothes for my kid coming in September (this will obviously come first) I don’t want my child to want for ANYTHING, and being sober is my first step in helping me achieve that!) Keep up the great work everyone!

21 Likes

Yay to paying more than the minimum.
The light at the end of that tunnel is still a ways away, but at least I think I can see it.

Not telling my daughter “no” to everything, and not mentally adding up everything in my grocery cart before checking out is a bonus.

There is still a drinker in the house who has trouble keeping a job for any amount of time, but less instability is still a win in my book!

16 Likes

A dirtbike an off road mud truck amd a trip skydiving

4 Likes

Skydiving! I would love to do that again!

3 Likes

It was such a blast will definitely be going again

I was going to try and buy Greenland, but I can’t outbid my country’s president.

21 Likes

i decided last month to empty my savings to pay off my 2 credit cards + vehicle. i was loosing so much sleep and just itched with anxiety every time my paycheck went byyyyyye towards my debt. so after doing some research, more people than not recommended taking care of the debt and rebuilding my savings. it felt freaking AMAZING to have those things paid off. unfortunately this month i had to pay 1K in dental work + new brakes on vehicle. so i have some credit card debt again. but i’m ok with it bc my top priority is to pay it off!

less instability is a win! and yay to the light at the end of the tunnel :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Good on ya! I need to pay off my credit cards. Debit is awful!

2 Likes

This is Annalyn :slight_smile:

25 Likes

hey I dropped a pretty penny on a gibson too. No name yet though

17 Likes