What's everyone doing

I work full time+ and I have 4 kids 14, 13, 12, and 10 so that keeps me pretty occupied. My struggle is to find relaxing me time. I tend to my koi pond which is very relaxing, swim/ float in my pool when my kids are not in it, go on walks around my community (I just moved to a new neighborhood) I do yoga with Adrian you tube tutorials, she’s great and has every level of yoga I might feel I need that day, everything from a relaxing bedtime routine, morning awaken the day routine, even a chair routine that you can squeeze in on a break at work. I used to enjoy taking a speaker outside ind painting my nails but now my anxiety has my hands trembling too much so my husband paints my toes and I think with all the money I’m saving on booze I’ll treat myself to a professional manicure. I’ve also started buying live houseplants to tend to. I don’t have a green thumb so it’s been a challenge but just having living plants in my house improves my mood.

3 Likes

Oh and I make my bed every morning. It helps I swear by it.

4 Likes

We own a gentlemen’s farm, so lots to do daily. I live in jeans, boots, baseball caps and am outside for most of the day. Lots of mowing, weeding & maintenance. I began archery about 4 years ago & love it. I do yoga 5 times a week & love to paint. My husband has a lot of scrap metal laying around, so years ago I began to re-create old-fashioned looking signs on metal. It works for me to have several hobbies that I can invest mental & physical energy into.

4 Likes

I just got to the Sunday morning meeting I open up each week. Coffee is ready to go.

4 Likes

I am watching the weather and enjoying the ocean breeze. It’s raining on and off. Resisting the delicious rice crispy treats sitting on the table.

I had a low self value too, I made a positivity thread on here Some positivity because we need it
I try to tell me as often as possible that I am worthy, and it works. When you think positive, positivity comes to your life :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

One Rice Krispy treat won’t hurt. I say go for it!

So far this morning I’ve made coffee, set up chairs, and now I’m greeting for our Sunday morning meeting. Feeling great

3 Likes

Been up since 5:45am - when my two year old crawled into my bed saying “Mama,Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama - I’m thirsty!” Now heading to brunch at the in-laws. The heat finally broke, and it’s a lovely 73 degrees!

4 Likes

Eat a BLT for me.

3 Likes

Love it. Me too !

I am sitting in the shade of a big oak tree. I have our area meeting in a little bit so I’m getting myself spiritually fit bc area is frustrating at best.

2 Likes

My husband made us breakfast sandwiches and coffee. I should be cleaning, but I’m sitting on my ass watching Inspector Lynley (BBC show). Lazy Sunday.

2 Likes

I just finished making breakfast for my ladies. Now to clean up the kitchen. Making a big batch of tea with mint I harvested from my garden. This afternoon, I’m planting a tree for my MiL in her garden.

1 Like

You forgot to add chewing up gravel and spitting out nails.

1 Like

I’ll echo what everyone has said about exercise. It has been at the centre of my recovery and has given me new hobbies, allows me to have targets and goals which I know I can meet and without sounding big headed, I’ve got a decent shaped body out of it as a huge bonus.

1 Like

That was early this morning. Did my “level 9 self-destruct” workout. Cone-drill, then lap around the cul de sac, agility ladder, 30 seconds on the heavy bag, 30 seconds skipping rope, one exercise from darebee combat strength, 5 dead hang pull-ups.
Repeat x 8.

Next belt test is in September.

1 Like

I got some groceries for the week, then dropping more of my dads stuff at his storage unit, go see him, clean thw bathrooms, and go for a ride if theres time. The ride probably wont happen though.

At tonight’s meeting I have the pleasure of giving a woman I sponsor her 2 year coin. It has been one of the best two years of my life & I know it was for her. Just a few thoughts from a sponsors point of view…I take no credit & encourage her to always place her gratitude with God & the group…but I do take the role very seriously. I’m engaged & active, it’s an honor I do not fulfill passively. For the first year, we met weekly at a Big Boy restaurant. I specifically chose a non-descript environment & never changed the location. I didn’t want it to he about the atmosphere or food, just us. We spoke/texted nightly. We had homework. We read cover to cover The Big Book, 12/12, Living Sober & more. We discussed chapters at a time & had mini meetings nightly. 3mos/6mos/9mos were celebrated with recovery jewelry, framed pics of Yoda/Jedi, cards/flowers. Only occasionally did I attend a meeting with her. I wanted her to depend on the group & new friends, not me.

Two years ago I remember picking up a skinny, scrawny, jittery, scared shitless young lady who’s world just imploded…and today she shines! She radiates peace, love & joy. She’s sober, calm, confident, at peace and her house is in order.

There is no work more noble on the face of this earth, then what we recovered alcoholics do for each other each day :heart:

6 Likes

Eating vegetables, having romantic fantasies about cake.

1 Like